red259
Super Contributor

Re: What card should I app for?

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
be prepared for an email saying you'll get a decision in 30 days lol. that's common lately. read the 100 posts about it if you get it Smiley Happy

I don't recall seeing a huge number of people getting a 30 day letter on the marriott card?

2011XTERROR is referring to the email (not a letter) that is normally generated (i.e. 30 days processing...) if the application should go to pending.  If you get instantly approved, then that's that.  I've seen quite plenty here and other forums but it's all relative depending on the individual and their profile.

And what is the strat if you get a 30day email? Just wait it out or call in to recon right away?

Strategy is to wait it out if it goes to pending and periodically check the status as 2011XTERROR mentioned upthread.  Granted this doesn't always guarantee an approval but keeps the UW flame from burning you in case lending gets involved and has lots of questions.

Is Chase still doing the thing where they let you move available credit over if you are near your ceiling? If so, will they offer that to you if you don't call in or will they just deny you? I guess you could wait for the denial and then call recon at that point...

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
be prepared for an email saying you'll get a decision in 30 days lol. that's common lately. read the 100 posts about it if you get it Smiley Happy

I don't recall seeing a huge number of people getting a 30 day letter on the marriott card?

2011XTERROR is referring to the email (not a letter) that is normally generated (i.e. 30 days processing...) if the application should go to pending.  If you get instantly approved, then that's that.  I've seen quite plenty here and other forums but it's all relative depending on the individual and their profile.

And what is the strat if you get a 30day email? Just wait it out or call in to recon right away?

Strategy is to wait it out if it goes to pending and periodically check the status as 2011XTERROR mentioned upthread.  Granted this doesn't always guarantee an approval but keeps the UW flame from burning you in case lending gets involved and has lots of questions.

Is Chase still doing the thing where they let you move available credit over if you are near your ceiling? If so, will they offer that to you if you don't call in or will they just deny you? I guess you could wait for the denial and then call recon at that point...

Right.  This would be the better alternative provided UW is willing to approve it that way (just depends).  Sometimes they stick to their guns, but if you find a more flexible analyst who can try to get it overriden by a Sr analyst then you can suggest this option as something you are willing to to.  You'd need at least $5K for the Premier.

Message 12 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Right.  This would be the better alternative provided UW is willing to approve it that way (just depends).  Sometimes they stick to their guns, but if you find a more flexible analyst who can try to get it overriden by a Sr analyst then you can suggest this option as something you are willing to to.  You'd need at least $5K for the Premier.

I got 21k+ on a hyatt card I never use so I could give up 5k of that without a problem. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.