Did you mean: 

What card should I apply for?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: What card should I apply for?

@FrugalRican wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

You shouldn't app for any new credit 6 mos before a mortgage. Wait until after your house closes before apping for any new credit.

It just clicked to me that it's this person as well:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Someone-talk-me-down-please/m-p/1291401

Definitely, OP, you need to wait til AFTER the closing, just as a bunch of us had stated in your other thread. I hope you are wondering about what credit cards to get AFTER the closing. But I am kind of worried about the previous post and this post and the eagerness you seem to have towards acquiring more debt.

Be careful.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 16
SuzyStellar
Contributor

Well I went out and bought a new vacuum for the new house at Target.  I did apply for the RED Card.  I was told I would hear in a few days Smiley Sad  or is it a Smiley Sad?  I was thinking about it, and I put those freezes and a fraud alert on my reports, that may be why?  It's probably for the best....I suppose you are all right, but I am so excited about the possibility of having another credit card...a store charge!  I don't even know why.  I feel like a flake, because I am so excited!  Thanks everyone, I will simmer down now.  Maybe in a few months I will pull my real scores and move along.  I don't think I am ready for it just yet. 

Message 12 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SuzyStellar wrote:

Well I went out and bought a new vacuum for the new house at Target.  I did apply for the RED Card.  I was told I would hear in a few days Smiley Sad  or is it a Smiley Sad?  I was thinking about it, and I put those freezes and a fraud alert on my reports, that may be why?  It's probably for the best....I suppose you are all right, but I am so excited about the possibility of having another credit card...a store charge!  I don't even know why.  I feel like a flake, because I am so excited!  Thanks everyone, I will simmer down now.  Maybe in a few months I will pull my real scores and move along.  I don't think I am ready for it just yet. 

If you had a freeze on your reports before you apped they cannot access your reports.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 16
FrugalRican
Blogger

@SuzyStellar wrote:

App AFTER the closing.

You don't even have the house yet.

There's no reason to be applying for the cards now.

Think BIGGER PICTURE right now. Be excited when you actually have the keys to a home you can vaccuum and not the idea of one.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 14 of 16
SuzyStellar
Contributor

I opened the letter from Target today and found my credit score inside.  It said it's 598!  CAN THE FAKO I am getting from USAA be so far from the real deal fico?

Message 15 of 16
FrugalRican
Blogger

A FAKO is about as reliable as an umbrella inside an F-5 tornado.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.