Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card should I get next???

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

What card should I get next???

Here are my tradelines. The only card with a balance is Raymour Flanigan.  My TU Fico is 697. I can't app with Citi as I burned them but it fell off and is probaby stil in their system.   I was thinking Discover, Wells Fargo, Barclay NFL or Chase?  I had a Chargeoff with Chase goodwilled and deleted but it was settled for less than full balance in their system.  So I'm not sure if I'm black listed.  My next app will be about 6 months from now because of the new Barclay Card. I have a relationship with Wells Fargo because of the Raymour Flanigan cad but I'm not sure about them. I've heard mixed reviews.  Capital One hasn't grown with me so I don't think I want anything from them with a toy limit.  I'm thinking big limits... $3k, 5k

- Barclay Apple (opened October 2011)  Limit: $1300

- Hooters (opened April 2011)  Limit: $1500

- Capital One (opened January 2008)  Limit: 300

- Orchard Bank (opened February 2010) Limit: $700 

- Raymour Flanigan Wells Fargo (opened April 2011)  Limit: 2700   Balance: 2000

- Kay Jewlers (opened April 2011) Limit: $3000

- First Premier (closed) opened in 2008

- First Premier (closed) opened in 2007

- Capital One Secured (closed) opened in 2009 with a $2000 limit

- Dell (closed) opened in 2005 and paid off $1300 charge

Auto Loan (all on time) opened in April 2011

Charge offsSmiley Sadfrom 2006)

- 2 Macy's Cards Both settled for less than full balance

- 1 Orchard Bank Card settled for full balance

a couple of 30 day and 60 day lates in 2008. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: What card should I get next???

I would just garden with what you have now, especially since you have baddies. Establish a good relationship with your current lenders, and unless you NEED more credit, wait until yout baddies fall off before you apply for more.

Message 2 of 4
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!  What should I think about long term... I feel like I don't have a "prime" card.  

Message 3 of 4
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

Thanks!  What should I think about long term... I feel like I don't have a "prime" card.  

Some will no doubt disagree with me, but I think Barclay VISA is, at minimum, a NEAR-prime card. No AF, pretty decent credit lines (you got $1,300...I got $1,500...probably better than Discover would give me even if they DID approve me!) and frequent promos on the premier computer, audio and other electronics equipment in the country. Sure, the APR is 22.9%, but it's difficult to find ANY credit card that isn't 12% or above these days. Barclay is also very good with CLIs after 6 months.

If I were you, I'd take the first poster's advice. I'm in the same boat and can feel your pain, as I get flooded with Discover pre-approval letters but know that my 6 inquiries would likely get me a denial (and another inq). Garden for 6 months - then watch those scores blossom and the prime cards roll in! Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.