Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card should I go for?

tag
Vwaller72
Valued Member

Re: What card should I go for?

Well applied for the Chase Freedom and was denied. Called for recon and she was very nice. It seemed she was on the verge of giving it to me but she stopped just short and said I didn't have enough history. I probably should have waited until the cap 1 card was past 1 year.

Back to the drawing board....

Current scores EX: 678 (lender pull), MyFICO TU: 696 & EQ: 664
Message 11 of 20
blk8
Regular Contributor

Im curious what your history is.... do you mean AAoA or just credit card history in general?

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 12 of 20
Vwaller72
Valued Member

I posted my credit profile in my original post. In short they said I'm on the right path but I didn't have my revolving accounts (my two cap one cards) long enough yet. 

Message 13 of 20
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@Vwaller72 wrote:

Thanks MF. I don't think I can go NFCU since I'm a veteran not active duty but I do think I can go USAA. I'm wondering if I don't have a chance for a better CL with USAA than Chase.

I agree with you on usaa. You can go to thier website and join. It is painless and their cust service is very helpful and friendly.
Message 14 of 20
LosAngeles
Established Member

Are you going to apply for any other cards before the inquiry hits your report?

Message 15 of 20
Vwaller72
Valued Member

I tried Discover IT. Same results. I don't want to rack up a bunch of INQ so unless someone has an idea for something they feel good I'll be approved for I plan to sit on what I have for a while. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 20
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Vwaller72 wrote:

Well applied for the Chase Freedom and was denied. Called for recon and she was very nice. It seemed she was on the verge of giving it to me but she stopped just short and said I didn't have enough history. I probably should have waited until the cap 1 card was past 1 year.

Recon again... 

Try at least 2 more times before giving up... mention your long employement history, ability to save, etc...

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 20
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Other than than those, Maybe try Amex Green.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 18 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@webhopper wrote:

@Vwaller72 wrote:

Recon again... 

Try at least 2 more times before giving up... mention your long employement history, ability to save, etc...

+1

If that fails, try 3 more times! Smiley LOL

Then do the same thing for Discover It ...

Message 19 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I would try to recon with Chase a couple more times. There has been someone here that did get approved on the 3rd try. If that fails, sit tight for 6 months and then try again.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.