Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card to get ?

tag
AllPro
Contributor

What card to get ?

So i finally decided to make a post after reading for some time! I need a little help and advice.

Equifax Fico 694, account age 8 years 6 months, No baddies, no lates,5 inquries

Trans Fico 637, account age 3 years 6 months,1 collection< I was a victim of id theft this should be off my report soon.No Lates 1 inqurie

I have a HSBC secured card , 200 limit <3 years 6 months> Hsbc non secured 300 limit<8 months>, and a key  line of credit for 1000<6 Months>

So right now im at 54 % utilization, Im paying all 3 cards off this month,and waiting for the collection to be removed.  I think both scores should be close to or above 700. Im looking to get into a good  card that will grow . Ill be waiting until march or so to app but wonder what cards i should look into ?  I will be using the card for daily purchases and paying off every month. Also should i remove my fruad alert from my file now that i monitor my credit ?  I also plan on trying to get a auto loan within the next year and dont know what to do first...Im a newb , Help will be apreciated ..

Starting Score: EQ 729 TU 727
Current Score: Ex (AMEX) 765 EQ 734 TU 736
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: What card to get ?

I would apply for Nordstrom Visa. Even if they approve for the store card, after 7 months you can ask them for upgrade to their Visa Card. Best Customer Service and Generous Credit Limits. You can also look into applying with Credit Unions.

Message 2 of 6
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Your EQ report is clean.....focus on banks that will pull EQ for your zipcode or state. You can read around this forum or OP will chime in with infor. Chase, Discover, CITI are a few banks I know will generally pull EQ.

I see that you are getting a car loan down the road, but having 1 inquiry hit your EQ report won't hurt that opportunity. Once you are shopping for a car loan, than you may have multiple inquiries on your CRs cause you are shopping for the best rates, therefore hurting your chance of getting approve for a prime CCs cause banks don't like to see too many inquiries within 6 months of each other.

I would focus on getting a primce CC now, since all you have is a secured card.

Question......have you had any declined for credit on your EQ report in the last 6 months?

EDIT: Sorry, I saw that you have 3 cards.

Message 3 of 6
AllPro
Contributor

Thanks, ill check Nordstrom out, who do they pull from ?  I got  Declined on june 19 11 for a walmart cc. At the time i didn't realize that i had those fraud accounts where  on my report . Also i have a fraud alert on my account , i think i should have called and explained to them before apping .

Starting Score: EQ 729 TU 727
Current Score: Ex (AMEX) 765 EQ 734 TU 736
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
ready13
New Contributor

yes i ran into stuff about that and you should remove it prior to applying but i am unsure how much time before to get the best results and that is another reason i am sooooooo ANGRY SUPER DOOPER ANGRY about this whole credit id theft stuff and yes when you have an alert placed on your file it makes it look a less likely way that the loans will be paid if they take the risk of even dealing with your stuff which leaves me with no hope to not being super mad as i have spent my life revolving around detailing all the things about my credit to make a move towards positve reasonable goals at timed intervals and i am now taking a huge daddy hit to everything i have been working for so i am debating a way around having to possibly close my accounts im not doing it thats a huge loss to my overall history and looks aweful like i am not going to pay and i do not do those things. AWEFUL TO MY REPUTATION AND AWEFUL TO MY HIGH HOPES AS THE things working against me contiue to look better and better i know there has to be a way around this any suggestions would help. ALL THE ADVICE AND WAYS people did to track and bring up their scores worked i tried them all and they worked miracles...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllPro wrote:

So i finally decided to make a post after reading for some time! I need a little help and advice.

Equifax Fico 694, account age 8 years 6 months, No baddies, no lates,5 inquries

Trans Fico 637, account age 3 years 6 months,1 collection< I was a victim of id theft this should be off my report soon.No Lates 1 inqurie

I have a HSBC secured card , 200 limit <3 years 6 months> Hsbc non secured 300 limit<8 months>, and a key  line of credit for 1000<6 Months>

So right now im at 54 % utilization, Im paying all 3 cards off this month,and waiting for the collection to be removed.  I think both scores should be close to or above 700. Im looking to get into a good  card that will grow . Ill be waiting until march or so to app but wonder what cards i should look into ?  I will be using the card for daily purchases and paying off every month. Also should i remove my fruad alert from my file now that i monitor my credit ?  I also plan on trying to get a auto loan within the next year and dont know what to do first...Im a newb , Help will be apreciated ..

Try for Discover.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.