Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card will my credit score get me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What card will my credit score get me?

I have a Ch. 7 discharged 8/2011. I am going to be 610-620 by the end of the month, possibly higher. I need two more credit cards to really get the ball rolling in terms of ground gained on my score by monthly reporting. I have a Capital One Platinum card with a $2k CL only. Carries no balance. 

Good background in the last 3 years only one 30daylate and low-middle utilization. 

What are some good options of cards that are unsecured and with heavy preference to those without an annual fee. I know I can get a card from an application to my credit union, so that will add one reporting card --- but I'd like two.

Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: What card will my credit score get me?

with a bk and a 30 day late secured would be the way to go

Message 2 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

+1 and a stretch. Might be barclays reward. A couple store cards with these scores. Will help you. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start with 1 or two store cards (Synchrony is a fairly easy lender to get in with as long as you didn't burn them in the BK) and a few months down the road go for Capital One who seem to be very BK friendly.  

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My ck scores are 624-625 my fico scores from this site are 648 651 and 635. I have 3 cap1 cards, a credit one, a barclay rewards card, 2 first premier cards which I will be closing for sure tomorrow, a partially secured BOA card and several store cards including walmart 1300, victoria secret 1150, and some other store cards. In total I have about 13 cards. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very helpful!

I already have one Cap One, I will look into another. And I know my credit union will have no issue approving me unsecured for $500-$1500. So sounds like go that route then maybe look into a store card? Didn't burn GE/Synchrony in the BK but they haven't liked me so far and if I go that route I think I'm going to have to wait a while. :/

I like the idea of getting the CU card and then after the jump from that card hitting up Apple Barclay, another Cap One or Credit One. Thanks!

And I realized secured is the easy way to go - I'm not completely opposed but I wanted to hear other options, thank you!!

Message 6 of 14
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Please make Credit One LAST on your list!!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:

Or a Cap One Venture with a $10K limit. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noted!

Just got a $250 Victoria Secret storecard. Awesome!

I'll hit up my credit union later in the month to get that #3 card then let them farm for a few months!!

You guys here are awesome, I dont think this recuild could have ever even STARTED without these forums.

Message 9 of 14
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and good luck on your continued credit journey!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.