cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card will you be using for gas this quarter?

tag
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: What card will you be using for gas this quarter?

@SMDLiquid wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

@SMDLiquid wrote:

Chase Freedom for me I need those UR points.. It's nice to get 5% on beer 

Haha, I never thought to do that.

Lots of beer drinking this quarter for me. 

I'm about to be going to drink some beer here in a few minutes.  And eat some pizza.

Message 51 of 70
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards

@jlpaca wrote:
Was the USAA 5% a promotion they are doing?

Seems to have been a targeted offer.  I received it but didn't take them up on it.

@KennyRS wrote:
But what about food? Restaurants/fast food? What are you guys using for that?

Shouldn't that be its own thread?

Yes, it should.. but I hate creating threads... lol

Smiley LOL

I totally get it Kenny, so I will answer your question. CSP for restaurants. Smiley Wink

Message 52 of 70
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Discover -> Freedom -> SallieMae -> Amex BCE

Message 53 of 70
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

FREEDOM!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 54 of 70
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Don't laugh...

When gassing up at home I will be using my WalMart Discover.  The local WM has the cheapest gas around which typically a 3% savings and then add on the 15 cent per gallon discount or essentially a 5% instant savings at the pump.  Overall a 8% good guy... plus the cash back earned!

Away from home I'll use the Chase Freedom.

Happy road trippin!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 55 of 70
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

My BOA at three percent, but tempted to leave the garden for the Sallie Mae at five percent.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 56 of 70
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

...Sad to say, I'll be using my Discover card. Not to gas up, but mainly to get a nice 5% back on cigarettes Smiley Happy

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 57 of 70
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:

...Sad to say, I'll be using my Discover card. Not to gas up, but mainly to get a nice 5% back on cigarettes Smiley Happy

thats actually not an bad idea to stack up junk food at gas stations lol i totally forgot about using it that way :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 58 of 70
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:

thats actually not an bad idea to stack up junk food at gas stations lol i totally forgot about using it that way :-)

I actually don't spend that much on gas (work is like a mile away and I'm more of a home body). With the amount I spend on cigarettes a month, I figure 5% back would totally be worth it.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 59 of 70
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I'll have my AU use the Freedom. She'll hit $1500 in about a month maybe a little more. Then she can use Discover. Then when that's at $1500 she can go back to using the Ink Plus. I'll keep using Penfed.

Message 60 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.