cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards are in your dream wallet?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: What cards are in your dream wallet?

Just an Amex to complete my 4 horsemanSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 30
iced
Valued Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:
Where do you usually book all your travel through?

I usually go direct to the vendor. United.com for flights and the Marriott/Hilton mobile apps for hotels.

Message 12 of 30
Berk
Established Contributor

I can barely keep up with what i have now. I'll probably have nightmares tonight thinking about it!

Message 13 of 30
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

These are the daily drivers I currently carry with me. 

AMEX BCP – 6% groceries other than Walmat; also buy grocery store gift card then use the gift card to pay for their automobile gas

Citi Double Cash – 2% all purchases, use for doctor, prescriptions, insurances, property taxes, et al

SallieMae – 5% Walmart – do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart

Chase AARP – 3% dining

I do not need travel cards.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 14 of 30
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Already have all/most of my dream cards in my wallet, just have to work at gradually increasing my existing CLs now.

If there was a hypothetical perfect card out there that I could have customized or tailored my individual preferences, it would probably be a card with a go-to, fixed-rate APR of between say 4% - 5% F or thereabouts.  I know that realistically even if that could actually happen IRL there would no rewards associated with it, but I guess with an APR that low which is also fixed, the interest rate in itself is the reward.  The closest I have in my current collection to that ideal scenario is my PACU MC at 7.50% F and my FNBO Amex at 6.50% V, and so I'm happy for the most part with what I already have atm  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've really got my dream wallet, but once I'm out of 5/24, I'm coming for that Chase Ink Business Cash card. 

Message 16 of 30
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I was thinking about this question a bit, I have most of the dream cards I have ever wanted, CSR, DC, Discover it, Amex BCP etc. However if there is a holy grail card that is truly unobtainable for me, it's the Amex Centurion. I know that an Amex PRG or Platinum is better but there is something about that titanium Amex...

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

AMEX BCP – 6% groceries other than Walmat; also buy grocery store gift card then use the gift card to pay for their automobile gas

Citi Double Cash – 2% all purchases, use for doctor, prescriptions, insurances, property taxes, et al

Chase AARP – 3% dining

Hold up...Sallie Mae does 5% at walmart in store? Is it actual cash back or just some sort of college loan money? I have no current use for student loan money.
Message 18 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Chase AARP – 3% dining

Hold up...Sallie Mae does 5% at walmart in store? Is it actual cash back or just some sort of college loan money? I have no current use for student loan money.

card is no longer offered to new applicants.. so no need to worry about it, but it is a cash back card. don't have to have student loans with SM or Navient

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Chase AARP – 3% dining

card is no longer offered to new applicants.. so no need to worry about it, but it is a cash back card. don't have to have student loans with SM or Navient

Dang...too good to be true. Smiley Happy I'll stick with penfed 3x points at walmart.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.