Did you mean: 

What cards are made out of metal?

tag
flyingace
Valued Member

Re: What cards are made out of metal?

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@kmkotas wrote:

Besides the Centurion, which credit cards are made out of metal? Name off all the ones you can think of! Go! Smiley LOL

The metal ones...Smiley LOL! Sorry...it's Friday and I'm a little tipsy!

^??? What.

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 11 of 37
gsxrgt
New Contributor

The CSP has a metal core and what seems to be thin plastic on both sides. If you look at the edge you can see blue layer, silver layer, blue layer. Not sure if the rest are like that too.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 12 of 37
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The rest are pretty much like that as well. You can't really see the metal core layer on the JPM Ritz Carlton but its there too. The Cent and Palladium are solid metal and weigh quite a bit more than any of the others.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

It seems like Chase is the main CC company doing the metal cards. I would like to get one in the future!!!! Smiley Tongue (CSP)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 37
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

It seems like Chase is the main CC company doing the metal cards. I would like to get one in the future!!!! Smiley Tongue (CSP)

Me too, might app right after Amex 3x cli. Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 15 of 37
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

+1...same here, but may apply for the Marriot Premier (really want that card). Especially if i get approved for my 3xCLI come June 1st.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 16 of 37
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

+1...same here, but may apply for the Marriot Premier (really want that card). Especially if i get approved for my 3xCLI come June 1st.

Speaking of Marriott and Chase, Marriott is considering issuing metal cards for lifetime elite members. I have a feeling that the design of those cards, if implemented, will be borrowed from Chase.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 17 of 37
atlasspeaks
New Visitor

there are metal cards that almost no one knows about that you can get in south korea made almost entirely out of liquid metal (yes, apple's liquid metal).

i own two of them.

ah i forgot to mention, we also had cards here made out of hyper duralumin, or basically the same high-grade aluminum used in airplane bodies but they are unavailable now.

Message 18 of 37
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@atlasspeaks wrote:

there are metal cards that almost no one knows about that you can get in south korea made almost entirely out of liquid metal (yes, apple's liquid metal).

i own two of them.

I don't think Apple owns liquidmetal but they are licenses users of it.

Liquid metal itself is not very valuable compared to what's in the Centurion and Palladium cards.

but a metal card is indeed a metal card!

Message 19 of 37
atlasspeaks
New Visitor

liquid metal isn't actually metal.  it's an amorphous metallic glass.

it contains titanium which is what the centurion card is made of (anodized titanium).  as for both the other cards, the liquid metal one is nearly indestructable compared to them so you don't really have to worry about scratches, chips, bending, etc.

apple doesn't own liquid metal but it does have exclusive rights to all liquid metal technologies developed or in development until 2014.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.