Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards cc are bk friendly?

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

What cards cc are bk friendly?

Score are in siggy....iib getting ready to fall off in June 2012...should I wait to try and get a prime card?..would I even qualify for one?...bk 7 ...2 collection on TU and Eq..1 drops in June o,other in December....bk won't be off till 2015

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Re: What cards cc are bk friendly?

Your bankruptcy should be old enough that it's not as serious of a road block.

What cards do you want?

Have you tried to get a particular card and been declined?

Message 2 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I append for Barclay nfl card 3000 cl in December....looking for citi or chase prime card...just like to add a higher cl card....I know I can't get a Amex not bk friendly....just looking for a best buy store crd without crap 750 maxx credit limit...plan b card.....I got a invite letter from state farm bank visa...i called my sf agent...she sad I was pre approved....not sure..don't want the inquiry....but did tell me I was approved for a car loan

Message 3 of 17
scrubs
Regular Contributor

ALOT OF CC BANNED FOR PEOPLE WITH AN BK CITI IS ONE OF THEM

Message 4 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Discover kept me even through a judgement. They might be BK friendly. Anyone know? Discover has great customer service
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Discover is not BK friendly.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex is BK adverse.

Message 7 of 17
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Discover IS BK friendly...but it all depends what you have done since the BK...I was able to get a Discover Escape with a $5000.00 Credit Limit after 8 years...But the Business Discover will not approve with a BK...AMEX Will approve as well...as long as you did not include them in a BK...you may have to wait in till the 8 year mark

Message 8 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@sandman2435 wrote:

Discover IS BK friendly...but it all depends what you have done since the BK...I was able to get a Discover Escape with a $5000.00 Credit Limit after 8 years...But the Business Discover will not approve with a BK...AMEX Will approve as well...as long as you did not include them in a BK...you may have to wait in till the 8 year mark

In this forum, when we say BK friendly, we mean likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports. Amex and Discover are not likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports.

Message 9 of 17
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

I have a BK on my credit report.  I was approved for a Discover More in 9/11 and I included Discover in my BK.  I was as surprised as anyone could be that they approved me!  I was at the 8 year mark when I was approved.  I do not know what all were the determining factors that worked out in my favor - but I certainly am a proud Discover Card carrier once again.

@fused wrote:

@sandman2435 wrote:

In this forum, when we say BK friendly, we mean likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports. Amex and Discover are not likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.