cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards cc are bk friendly?

Established Contributor

What cards cc are bk friendly?

Score are in siggy....iib getting ready to fall off in June 2012...should I wait to try and get a prime card?..would I even qualify for one?...bk 7 ...2 collection on TU and Eq..1 drops in June o,other in December....bk won't be off till 2015

16 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: What cards cc are bk friendly?

Your bankruptcy should be old enough that it's not as serious of a road block.

What cards do you want?

Have you tried to get a particular card and been declined?

Established Contributor

I append for Barclay nfl card 3000 cl in December....looking for citi or chase prime card...just like to add a higher cl card....I know I can't get a Amex not bk friendly....just looking for a best buy store crd without crap 750 maxx credit limit...plan b card.....I got a invite letter from state farm bank visa...i called my sf agent...she sad I was pre approved....not sure..don't want the inquiry....but did tell me I was approved for a car loan

Regular Contributor

ALOT OF CC BANNED FOR PEOPLE WITH AN BK CITI IS ONE OF THEM

Moderator Emeritus

Discover kept me even through a judgement. They might be BK friendly. Anyone know? Discover has great customer service

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus

Discover is not BK friendly.

Regular Contributor

Amex is BK adverse.

Ex: 657 (fico lender pull)
Tu: 666 fico
Eq: 641 fico
Established Contributor

Discover IS BK friendly...but it all depends what you have done since the BK...I was able to get a Discover Escape with a $5000.00 Credit Limit after 8 years...But the Business Discover will not approve with a BK...AMEX Will approve as well...as long as you did not include them in a BK...you may have to wait in till the 8 year mark

Moderator Emeritus

sandman2435 wrote:

Discover IS BK friendly...but it all depends what you have done since the BK...I was able to get a Discover Escape with a $5000.00 Credit Limit after 8 years...But the Business Discover will not approve with a BK...AMEX Will approve as well...as long as you did not include them in a BK...you may have to wait in till the 8 year mark

In this forum, when we say BK friendly, we mean likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports. Amex and Discover are not likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports.

Established Contributor

I have a BK on my credit report.  I was approved for a Discover More in 9/11 and I included Discover in my BK.  I was as surprised as anyone could be that they approved me!  I was at the 8 year mark when I was approved.  I do not know what all were the determining factors that worked out in my favor - but I certainly am a proud Discover Card carrier once again.

fused wrote:

sandman2435 wrote:

In this forum, when we say BK friendly, we mean likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports. Amex and Discover are not likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!