Established Contributor
amercnchopz34

What cards cc are bk friendly?

Score are in siggy....iib getting ready to fall off in June 2012...should I wait to try and get a prime card?..would I even qualify for one?...bk 7 ...2 collection on TU and Eq..1 drops in June o,other in December....bk won't be off till 2015

Frequent Contributor
bostonte

Re: What cards cc are bk friendly?

Your bankruptcy should be old enough that it's not as serious of a road block.

What cards do you want?

Have you tried to get a particular card and been declined?

Established Contributor
amercnchopz34

[ Edited ]
I append for Barclay nfl card 3000 cl in December....looking for citi or chase prime card...just like to add a higher cl card....I know I can't get a Amex not bk friendly....just looking for a best buy store crd without crap 750 maxx credit limit...plan b card.....I got a invite letter from state farm bank visa...i called my sf agent...she sad I was pre approved....not sure..don't want the inquiry....but did tell me I was approved for a car loan

Regular Contributor
scrubs

ALOT OF CC BANNED FOR PEOPLE WITH AN BK CITI IS ONE OF THEM

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Discover kept me even through a judgement. They might be BK friendly. Anyone know? Discover has great customer service

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Discover is not BK friendly.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Regular Contributor
Balbanes

Amex is BK adverse.

Ex: 657 (fico lender pull)
Tu: 666 fico
Eq: 641 fico
Frequent Contributor
sandman2435

Discover IS BK friendly...but it all depends what you have done since the BK...I was able to get a Discover Escape with a $5000.00 Credit Limit after 8 years...But the Business Discover will not approve with a BK...AMEX Will approve as well...as long as you did not include them in a BK...you may have to wait in till the 8 year mark

Moderator Emeritus
fused

sandman2435 wrote:

Discover IS BK friendly...but it all depends what you have done since the BK...I was able to get a Discover Escape with a $5000.00 Credit Limit after 8 years...But the Business Discover will not approve with a BK...AMEX Will approve as well...as long as you did not include them in a BK...you may have to wait in till the 8 year mark

In this forum, when we say BK friendly, we mean likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports. Amex and Discover are not likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Established Contributor
Changingmantra

[ Edited ]

I have a BK on my credit report.  I was approved for a Discover More in 9/11 and I included Discover in my BK.  I was as surprised as anyone could be that they approved me!  I was at the 8 year mark when I was approved.  I do not know what all were the determining factors that worked out in my favor - but I certainly am a proud Discover Card carrier once again.

fused wrote:

sandman2435 wrote:

In this forum, when we say BK friendly, we mean likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports. Amex and Discover are not likely to approve an applicant with a BK on their credit reports.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}