Lake Michigan

Occasionally USAA Amex/MC

2 BoA cards used for BillPay

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 11 of 33
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: What cards do u keep in your wallet

i keep all the cards i use regularly in my wallet.

chase debit card

target red card

capital one

victoria's secret

best buy store card

my other cards stay at home.

Message 12 of 33
tobey
Contributor

Heh, you guys are brave. Makes me way too nervous to carry all of them, so I just keep my Citi Mastercard in my wallet. If I ever lose my wallet somewhere, all I have to do is call one bank...

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 33
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I don't carry a wallet.  It's too dangerous.  I have a neat lil money clip with a couple of pouches that I carry in my left, front pocket with drivers license and whatever two cards that are going to be used this week.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 33
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

In MY wallet....Care Credit, DEBIT, Shell Gas and Paypal (DEBIT).....and CASH for now.  Things are TIGHT, so I want to buy only what I NEED...gas appears to be something that I NEED...even at inflated costs...grrrrr

Message 15 of 33
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Discover More

AmEx Green

AmEx Blue

PenFed Plat Visa

USAA Plat MC

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it's a bad thing just in case i lost my wallet but i keep most of my CC in my wallet.

I am just like you.  But, I separate it to two.  The ccs I often uses, I have it in the cc holder.   And the ccs I use once a month, I have it in the purse.  Becasue I don't know when I will need those ccs.  *Basically I uses those ccs at places where I can't earn bonus points.

So, I do have wallet protection ($2.99/mo) through Discover just in case.  *Not sure about keeping this service forever.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on the date of the month so I can PIF before CC statements cut.  My favorites are:

Discover More (for shop discover and 5% categories)

Nationwide Visa (for the 0% APR)

Amex Starwood and Blue Cash (for the points transfer b/w hotel and airlines, rental car premium coverage and ext warranties)

Addison Platinum Rewards (because they are my favorite credit union)

Penfed Premium Rewards Amex (3X pts on restaurants and 5X on travel)

Message 18 of 33
MattH
Senior Contributor

I keep them all in my wallet, and I keep that wallet in my front pocket, I tried the two-wallet system for a while but I went crazy deciding each day which cards would leave the house so I gave up on it.  Only exception: for many years I've been a volunteer for a Prison Ministry organization,and in there cash is not allowed so I must lock everything but my volunteer ID card and car key in my car.

I do have two keychains, one with just house, car, and mailbox and the other with office and various rarely-used keys.  Workdays I carry both keychains, weekends I take only the small keychain unless I have need for one of the rarely-used keys that day.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 19 of 33
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I have a small, compact wallet where I keep my Chase BP Visa, my bank debit card, and Care Credit.  I get gas every 3 or 4 days & always do the BP for the cash back!  Got $50 in checks to deposit today!  Smiley Wink

I also have a larger wallet/card holder with business cards & such, and one 3-page section has all my other cc's.  On a daily basis, this is all in my purse.  Should I stop somewhere on the way home, purse tucks invisibly under the seat & I *may* grab another card if I need it ... like if I'm stopping at Lowes, I'll grab their card, use it, wait a few days & PIF.  But going in the store, I also use the front pocket for my wallet! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.