Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards do u keep in your wallet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What cards do u keep in your wallet

I always leave AMEX at home.  Smiley Very Happy 

I got 3 debit and 9 credit cards, but the only thing I'm keeping in my wallet is Navy Debit and Navy CC.    Everything else stays at home unless I'm flying out on biz then I will take backup cards---except AMEX.   Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 33
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

ORCHARD  CC

BEST BUY - STORE AND CC

VICTORIAS SECRET

NFM(CROSS BETWEEN HOME DEPOT, UPSALE BEST BUY, PIER 1, AND IKEA) M- WARREN BUFFET'S STORE

TWO CC STAY AT HOME

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought myself a new wallet for Christmas.  I didn't like it.  I went back to my old falling-apart wallet.  A good wallet is hard to find.  I keep it in my front pocket.

On the left, we have Discover, Citicard, CapOne, and my library card.

On the right, we have the debit cards, Wachovia, USAA, Citibank, and Chevy Chase.

A corporate AmEx is hidden in the membership cards inside.  Can't decide if that AmEx is my card or my employers?  One of these days I'll have to figure that out.

Of them all, the library card gets the most use.  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 33
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

I'd say 90% of my charging is done online so it wouldn't matter if it was home or in my wallet.   I even take advantage of

getting groceries from safeway.com most of the time.  Usually when I am out I use my debit card but I keep Discover

and BOA MC in there as well for emergencies. 

In the wallet:

BOA Debit

BOA MC

Discover

In the SD @ Home:

Home Depot

Sears

Capital One

Chase Visa BP Rewards

Household Visa

Household MC

QVC

Chadwicks

ZGallerie

Closed out Target and Citi/1800Mattress in Opt Out scenarios when they wanted to increase my rate.  At the time I had balances on those cards but once I closed them I PIF'ed within a couple months.

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 24 of 33
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

My debit card and Chase Military Rewards MC.  I pull my Discover out when I can use it for the categories.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my wallet

BOA visa debit

Best Buy MC

Captial One

Macy's

Bloomingdale's

Victoria's Secret

JcPenny's

Hooters MC

In my Sock drawer

Orchard Bank...They won't increase my limit if there life depended on it!

Message 26 of 33
armymom
Regular Contributor

In my wallet

2 debit cards

Citi AAdvantage MC

Macys

Sam's (for membership admission)

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 27 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

There have been several posts here mentioning concerns about having CC's stolen, and this reminded me of a handy tactic for keeping track of important wallet contents.

When you have * ahem * access to a photocopy machine, aka a Xerox machine, unload the contents of your wallet, including CC's, debit cards, driver's license, insurance cards, AAA card --anything that would be a PITA to cancel and/or replace if your wallet were lost or stolen. First lay them all (or as many as fit) on the copier screen face down and hit copy. Then turn them all over and photocopy the backs. Depending upon how stuffed your wallet is, you might have to do this several times.

I made several copies of all my stuff, keeping one copy at work and another at home. Luckily, I never had to use them, but they would have immediately given me account numbers and customer service phone numbers had I suddenly had to cancel them. Obviously, you would want to have them someplace secure. A safe deposit box is great for those organized enough to have such things.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

There have been several posts here mentioning concerns about having CC's stolen, and this reminded me of a handy tactic for keeping track of important wallet contents.

When you have * ahem * access to a photocopy machine, aka a Xerox machine, unload the contents of your wallet, including CC's, debit cards, driver's license, insurance cards, AAA card --anything that would be a PITA to cancel and/or replace if your wallet were lost or stolen. First lay them all (or as many as fit) on the copier screen face down and hit copy. Then turn them all over and photocopy the backs. Depending upon how stuffed your wallet is, you might have to do this several times.

I made several copies of all my stuff, keeping one copy at work and another at home. Luckily, I never had to use them, but they would have immediately given me account numbers and customer service phone numbers had I suddenly had to cancel them. Obviously, you would want to have them someplace secure. A safe deposit box is great for those organized enough to have such things.

What a great idea hauling !!        Two thumbs up !!!!!!

Message 29 of 33
MattH
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2010/03/hard_drives_in.html
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.