Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards gave you a 2nd chance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What cards gave you a 2nd chance

Just got a Capital 1 card.  With initial CL of $500, 1% cash back with no annual fee.  I had a chargeoff/settlement with Cap 1 in 2000.  They say they will give you a CL increase after 90 days if card is activated and used without lates or going over CL.   (Not sure how much they will raise it...but at least it's a place to start!)

scores TU657, EQ-639, EX 620
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago were the BK's that you included these accounts in anyone have any recent BK's and got a card from that CCC again after a short amount of time?
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago was your BK that included HSBC? Thanks
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC for sure, but the cards they give you with crap credit are nothing to grow with IMHO. I had a co with them for $4k that is still on my reports, and I have 2 of their "deadbeat" cards.
Message 15 of 20
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

So, did anyone include Discover in bankruptcy and then get another Discover card later? If so, how long after discharge?
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the HSBC "deatbeat" cards?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If ya like this thread, look around. There is another one exactly like it going on right now.

Math_Rocks wrote:
Nicemann, do you know which CB they pulled?

I've been wondering if I would even have a shot with them with a Chase acct IIB 2001.

So far, no one IIB has given us a 2nd chance, but I haven't tried all of them yet. We just reached the 7 year mark for Ch. 7 and I am starting to look into them. I know we are blacklisted from AmEx forever. Not sure about Discover. No luck with B of A yet and haven't tried with Chase.

This is a great thread. Please keep posting! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Still wondering if anyone got a 2nd chance with Discover after BK?
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jammy wrote:
What are the HSBC "deatbeat" cards?

You silly lol i just think HSBC is a rebuilding card there not really gonna extend you a bunch of credit especially if you had credit problems in the past. Most likely i'm gonna keep my card for another 2 or 3 years to rebuild an once something comes along better i'm gonna move on. Or i might just keep them if there friendly with CLI.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.