Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards offer touchless pay?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

What cards offer touchless pay?

It is a bit scary having a scanable RFID chip in a card, but it sure is convenient at check out.

What cards offer it?

I have the US Bank Flexperks card with this feature and it is cool.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: What cards offer touchless pay?

Chase and Discover for me

Message 2 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Chase, amex, wells fargo, 

chase has "pay wave" i think, amex has "expresspay" WF has "paypass" 

I think you could probably get damn near any major credit card with it. 

Message 3 of 11
nois
Regular Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Is this option available to all Discover cardholders? I didn't know about this feature.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 4 of 11
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Do I have to call in and request a card with that feature.

I have a Chase Freedom and a AMEX Hhonors.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 11
nick125
Valued Member

@Dustink wrote:

Chase has this feature available for Freedom, but they call it Chase Blink. I called and requested a card and they sent one out...it looks exactly the same as the standard Freedom card, but with the PayWave symbol on the back. 

Alliant CU (12/11, $12.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $30.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $26k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $24k)
Message 6 of 11
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nick125 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Chase has this feature available for Freedom, but they call it Chase Blink. I called and requested a card and they sent one out...it looks exactly the same as the standard Freedom card, but with the PayWave symbol on the back. 

Thanks

Message 7 of 11
nick125
Valued Member

@nois wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Is this option available to all Discover cardholders? I didn't know about this feature.

As far as I'm aware of, it's available to all Discover cardholders, but they call it Discover zip. I believe they offer a card and a separate "sticker" (which is more like a credit-card-thick piece of plastic). I put my sticker on my iPhone, underneith my Otterbox case. 

Alliant CU (12/11, $12.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $30.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $26k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $24k)
Message 8 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@nick125 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Thanks

you should be able to get it for your amex as well. Call up and ask for an expresspay version of the card. shouldn't be an issue. 

Message 9 of 11
Dustink
Valued Contributor

you should be able to get it for your amex as well. Call up and ask for an expresspay version of the card. shouldn't be an issue. 

After the long hold time I got in touch with somebody. He said you are all set for express cash and your pin is on the way.....after some more clarifying he said what I want is not available on this card. I spoke to a supervisor that informed me the clear card as well as the blue series have expresspay and they look to expand to other cards next year.

But chase is sending a touchless card. Hopefully AMEX will be able to at some point.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.