cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards with Annual Fees do you have?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: What cards with Annual Fees do you have?

I have 4 (plus 3)

The plus three are my WF and Cap1 secures and my Zync.  Both of the secured cards are getting the axe before my 2nd year starts in May 2014.  I'll only keep open for 1 more year if they waive the AF.  I dont count my Zync because its only $25, adds 21+ years to my AAoA and is a unicorn (I afford it special status Smiley Happy )

The four I do count are:

1. Amex Delta Gold - I fly Delta a min of 4 times a year.  Worth the price in priority boarding and free checked bag.  Plus nice AAoA boost.

2. BCP - I commute an hour to work and between that and groceries its worth it.  Ive gotten about $500 cash back this year on this card (got it Jan 2013). Plus the before mentions AAoA boost.

3. Arrival - I have $500 in rewards right now and got the card in March.  Definately worth it.

4. NFCU Flagship Visa - Not really worth the AF as the reward structure stinks but the extra benefits are ok and my credit limit is insane (25k)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 51
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Just the Amex BCP - I considered cancelling it, but the offers as of late have made it worth the AF.

I did cancel the PRG earlier this year - I don't spend enough to justify keeping it.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 42 of 51
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Good questions. It's getting close for me to make a few decisions. I break it down into a few a catergories.

The one's I'm keeping for sure

CSP

Chase IHG

BCP (I currently have a BCE but will upgrade soon)

The one's I'm leaning toward keeping

Chase Mariott

Hyatt

United Explorer

The one's I'm leaning toward canceling

Delta

Hilton Reserve

Fairmont

What I'm cancelling (or downgrading)

AMEX PRG

Chase Ink

BOA Virgin Atlantic

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 43 of 51
CraveMazda
Contributor

AMEX Zync - I more than get my $25 AF back because of the Sync offers plus I love the look of the card Smiley Happy

US Airways MC - the $99 companion tickets for 2 people per year saves me more than the $89 AF.

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 44 of 51
navyox
Regular Contributor

PRG - will downgrade to Green, senior version if possible

United Explorer - even though I don't travel that much, I like the primary rental coverage and it's my only card with no foreign transaction fee, leaning towards keeping.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 45 of 51
dilettante
Established Contributor

Amex Costco TE

Amex Plat

CSP

Palladium

Ritz

Marriott's Rewards Premier - will cancel next spring

Message 46 of 51
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Amex Plat.

BSP

CSP

Hilton Reserve - this might bite the dust becaue of the HH Gold stat. on the Amex Plat.

Jet BLue

Message 47 of 51
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

Quicksilver

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 48 of 51
Alkalinem0n0
Contributor

Delta Amex Gold

Amex Green NSPL

BofA Cash Rewards 16 k|BofA Travel Rewards 10k|Gold Delta SkyMiles American Express 32k|Discover IT 7k|Chase Freedom 10k
Message 49 of 51
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Delta Skymiles

Marriott Rewards

AMEX SPG

AirTran A+ Airways

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.