cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards would you get in my position?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What cards would you get in my position?

Hi! Im looking to get some card recommendations. I'll list below the cards I have currently and my scores. Im interested in travel rewards and cash back.

My Current Limits

QS One $300

WF Secured $300

Khols $300

Cap-1 Mastercard $300

My current scores are TU 649 EX 626 EQ 633

Any recommendations will be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What cards would you get in my position?

Honestly, in your position I wouldn't seek more cards. I'd build history with what you currently have and attempt to address any negatives on your credit reports.
Message 2 of 21
Pway
Valued Contributor

How long have you had your current cards?  Have you tried for a CLI with capita one?

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had all of my cards for a year and some a couple months shy of a year. My AAoA is 1 year and 3 months

Message 4 of 21
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

I'd say your best bet at this point is to grow what you have. The qs1 gives you a very reasonable cb albeit the annual fee. When are you due for your credit steps on your cap one cards?

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly, in your position I wouldn't seek more cards. I'd build history with what you currently have and attempt to address any negatives on your credit reports.

This is key.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I can tell I dont see that I am in credit steps. Should I maybe talk to their customer service?

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guarantee you are in Credit Steps.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not seeing anything about the credit steps on my account...Is there a place I can find it?

Message 9 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Im not seeing anything about the credit steps on my account...Is there a place I can find it?

Credit Steps is the program they may put you in when you apped for the Cap-1 cards. Its the program that may have said you qualify for a 700 CL and you will get that in 5 ot 6 months of on time payments. CSRs can confirm if you are in credit steps. Also let these members know your file will be clean when you app for the new credit.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.