cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What company or card is more generous on credit limits?

tag
Delta22

What company or card is more generous on credit limits?

I'm not looking to rack up the whole credit card, but would like something thats a little more then my $1,500, $3,500 and $5,800 limits

Primary card is my Capital One card, otherwise I have right now Citi, Discover and Chase.  

I've heard BOA is really good at the credit increases and limits to start off?  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: What company or card is more generous on credit limits?

@Delta22 wrote:

I'm not looking to rack up the whole credit card, but would like something thats a little more then my $1,500, $3,500 and $5,800 limits

Primary card is my Capital One card, otherwise I have right now Citi, Discover and Chase.  

I've heard BOA is really good at the credit increases and limits to start off?  

Core of it comes down to what you have, how you use it, how old your file is, and how trusting the bank will be. There's no specific bank that will go, "Hey, we see you have a few 2k cards, so we'll give you 10k just for the hell of it."

Message 2 of 16
Delta22

def. understandable and that's what I was figuring as well.  Just want to increase my overall credit limit balance, keep my new card free or possibly transfer a balance over depending on a new APR rate.  

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover has always been good to me. I would try them.

Message 4 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Delta22 wrote:

def. understandable and that's what I was figuring as well.  Just want to increase my overall credit limit balance, keep my new card free or possibly transfer a balance over depending on a new APR rate.  

Credit unions typically give more than the "norm," as far as limits go.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU by far. My credit is mediocre at best and bad at worse. I joined themblast week and applied
with their visa signature cash rewards card. They approved it within a few days with a $10,000 limit.
Message 6 of 16
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

+1

Message 7 of 16
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Once you build some history with Chase, they're very generous. Although, in that case, you're better off cancelling your old card and apping for a new one. Not only will you get a higher CL but a more favorable APR as well (hell, that's the only way to get an APR reduction from them)

Message 8 of 16
nicemann
Established Contributor

Capital one has been good to me.  Got their Venture card 2011.  I believe at the time it was $2,500.  Got a few auto CLIs over the years.  Last November went from $15k CL to $50 CL and I didn't even ask for it.  Have no idea why I would need that high of a limit but was happy with it.  They also are not charging me an annual fee anymore.  Stopped that back in 2012 because I threatened to leave.  Don't need to call each year, it is just automatically removed from my account.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

As stated before, Chase is one of those you can build trust with and it will be worh it.  It also helps if you have a banking relationship with them (which is true in any case I suppose).

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.