cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card can I apply for given my profile?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What credit card can I apply for given my profile?

I'm a Canadian citizen, whose been in the US 11 mo

I am a MBA student, and my household income is > $100k ($40k from me, the rest from my fiancee, whose Canadian) - it's all Canadian source income.

I have a ~$15k student debt, and a secured credit card with a balance of < $500.  I've paid the credit card off every month, as well as my cell phone.

My FICO is 700-710.

I just got turned down for an SPG Amex - what credit card CAN I get with my profile? (I'm looking for one that gives me points / cash back / auto insurance - I'm okay with a stupid high APR). Should I apply now versus later?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: What credit card can I apply for given my profile?

Since I'm not in the 700 club, I'll let those who are give you apping ideas.

What I will say is this....being in the 7's, there is NO reason you should be paying any high apr's (like a sub-prime rate) or yearly fees whatsoever.

(can't be too much of a "stupid-head" with 7's & an MBA on the way!)  good going!! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: What credit card can I apply for given my profile?

Well, it sounds like your credit file would be very limited? Is it based on just the amount of time that you have been in the US?

it's all Canadian source income.  This may an issue as well.

Message Edited by WannaHouse on 07-27-2009 02:04 PM

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.