cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card can I get? 621 score and deliquent mortgage payment on investment property

tag
ARE

What credit card can I get? 621 score and deliquent mortgage payment on investment property

Three years ago, I invested in a real estate property with an individual that lost his property management business and failed to tell owners that rent wasn't collected from tenants in four months.    

My property was severely vandalized and robbbed by the renters after they were forced for vacate by the Sheriff's Deputy.  All savings were exhausted to improve its curb appeal and replace furniture and appliances in order to sell.  

Meanwhile, I've fallen behind on the mortgage, but have a short sale pending with the bank.  

With no medical insurance, I need to get a credit card to schedule a cardiologist appointment for chest pains that have existed for the past three months.

Has anyone been successful with getting a credit card with a 621 score and deliquent mortgage payments outstanding?

Need help really soon.

Thanks

Steelman 

Message Edited by ARE on 02-23-2010 11:27 AM
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit card can I get? 621 score and deliquent mortgage payment on investment property

NothingSmiley Mad If your lucky maybe a secured card.
Message 2 of 17
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What credit card can I get? 621 score and deliquent mortgage payment on investment property

Hello ARE/Steelman, and welcome to the FICO Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about your financial difficulties.  As has already been pointed out, with recent delinquencies on your mortgage loan, it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to get a credit card.

However, I am most concerned about the symptoms that you are describing.  A medical evaluation for chest pain should not be delayed.  Have you looked into whether there are free medical clinics where you can go to get at least an initial evaluation?

Message 3 of 17
woozy
Contributor

A credit card is not the answer to your problem! Any limit that you get won't be a drop in the bucket.

Go to an emergency room. They have to treat you, it's the law! When they ask you if you have insurance, just say no. Believe me, they are used to it.

One of two things will happen. If your income is fairly low right now, you can probably be referred for a public insurance plan for your treatment. In my area it's a low income insurance plan attached to a county hospital. If you aren't eligible, they still have to treat you.

This isn't funny. Do you want to end up bedridden, or worse, a stroked-out gomer? Your pride is not worth what you are doing, and certainly, your credit is not.

Sometimes life just sucks, and you're in a sucky phase. It's going to suck a lot more if you ruin your health.

Go.

Message 4 of 17
ARE

Lel,

First, I'm new to the community and see that I can be a very helpful resource towards getting my family back on track.

Second, since I'm a first-timer, how do I change my profile from ARE to Steelman....can't figure it out.  I didn't set up ARE...confused as to how that happened.  If I did, I don't remember.

Third, how does one transition from being a VISITOR in the community?

Fourth, If I go to the hospital and can't pay the bill in total...will they bill me?  Have always had affordable insurance until last year, and never been to an emergency room.  I'll look for a free clinic for an evaluation.

Thanks!

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill
Message 5 of 17
ARE

woozy,

Thanks for your concern.  I will go.

Income will be too high for low income insurance.  As mentioned to Lel, this is my first time now having insurance.  Lost it last year when I transitioned companies.  The expense to cover me alone is the same as coverage for my wife and two kids.  Really sucks.  We just can't afford to cover me right now.  

Hospital will bill me?

Thanks.

ARE for now.....

Winston Churchill
Message 6 of 17
SCF
Valued Contributor

If you can't find a free clinic, call your hospital and ask if they have any kind of help available.  If you have more than one hospital in your area, call all of them you'd be comfortable going to.  Many hospitals will set up payment plans, and they may have funds set up specifically to help people who have no insurance cover some or all of their bills, but that will vary a lot from hospital to hospital.  I know our local facility has an entire department dedicated to helping people figure out how to pay their bills, and that help can include setting up payment plans, finding a way to secure a loan, and helping people apply to different programs/agencies that might be able to help them.

Good luck, and I hope you are all right!

Message 7 of 17
-RED
Regular Contributor

If you go to the ER, they cannot refuse you because you are not insured -- The payment plan you can work out after will have lower interest then most credit cards will have. Go take care of you, the rest will work itself out all by itself, you'll see!

-800 or Bust...!
Message 8 of 17
ARE

Re: What credit card can I get? 621 score and delinquent mortgage payment on investment property

SCF,

Great information.  We never thought this situation would ever happen.  Insurance has never been a serious financial dilemma for us up until now.  We both have good paying jobs in the private sector.  Unfortunately, my new company changed their provider prior to my arrival and it's not as family-oriented as the previous.  I've been turned down twice for coverage due to this existing chest pain issue.  One physician's letter to a provider started the ceiling to cave in.

I'm calling around tomorrow....and reading more on FICO Community. 

Thanks again,

ARE

Winston Churchill
Message 9 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What credit card can I get? 621 score and delinquent mortgage payment on investment property

ARE/ Steelman, if you'd like to get your original name back, pm Barry, the myFICO admin.

Your ranking will change from "visitor" to, ummm, I forget which comes next Smiley Very Happy, as you continue to post.

Did you ever have a gap in insurance coverage? I thought that pre-existing conditions only came into play if there was a period where you were between policies! We have periodically changed carriers, and there has never been a problem. And when our kids moved on to their own policies, same deal --there was no break in coverage, and they're covered for their asthma, etc.

If your company is big enough to have an HR department (and if you are comfortable talking with them), you might want to find out if you should be having these coverage problems.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.