Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card do you use?

tag
minski
Established Contributor

Re: What credit card do you use?

Most of my spending right now is in food so Chase Freedom for eating out. I use the Blispay for my occasional groceries. I pay the grocery bill in full and let the cash back chip away at my single promo. lol. 

Next quarter will be different again. 

Message 11 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Random_idiot wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I see a bunch of people with multiple cards on here. So.. What card do you utilize the most and why?

I don't know what you're talking about....

No but really, I am mostly using 1 card at a time right now to finish getting sign-up bonuses. Once things stabilize, most of them have a category or several to be used for.

Eventually i want to whiddle it down to either points or cash-back if over 3%. If under, probably will use Freedom Unlimited since I value UR at 2.1 cents each, so 1.5 points per dollar is like... 3.15% value to me.

Likely, the wallet will have CSP, FU, PRG and Sallie Mae full time, with Disco rotating, and other cards for specific purchase types.

Message 12 of 61
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

I have been using the double cash the most just b.c I prefer cash back rewards to the point system.  I recently got the NASA FCU 2% cash back card with a 30,000 CL so I will probably start using that.  If my understading is correct they only issues the cash back once a year, but that actually works out better for me since I like to build the cash back and use it for christmas or other big purchaes.

Message 13 of 61
CredStudent
Established Member

I don't really just use one specific card. I use the BOA cash rewards for gas/groceries, the Freedom for restraunts, Discover for Amazon, and QS1 for all else. When the new categories change for Discover and Freedom I will change what I use them for. Basically I choose the card with the best rewards for the purchase I am making.

Fico08 6/22/16: EQ 643 TU 666 EX 683
C1 secured $1,000(opened 3/2013, closed 4/2016), QS1 $2,000 (opened 5/2015), Freedom $4,000 (opened 4/2016), BOA CR $1,500(opened 4/2016), NHL Discover IT $1,600 (opened 6/2016)
Message 14 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chase Amazon gets the most usage and has been my DD for like 7 years now. Ever since joining this forum I have been kicking the idea of switching to a better rewards card though.
Message 15 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom, Cash+, Arrival, BoA Rewards for the appropriate highest earning categories. Freedom Unlimited as general spending for now to get the bonus, otherwise Double Cash for general. BBR is there for $1 Amazon payments a month to earn $120/year. Will pick up Discover next year when the new calendar starts and become daily driver for the double cash first year match
Message 16 of 61
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This is always an interesting thread topic to me since even for the same people the answers might be different from previous threads, since habits and circumstances change over time.  Smiley Wink

In my case, I'm giving my BCP the usual 'love' in the form of my grocery and department store spending.  I'm using my Sam's Club MasterCard for gas, hotel, and restaurant spending and Blispay for the occasional non-category purchase.  I'm also using Discover exclusively for Amazon purchases.

Not being used 'daily' but still in circulation are my Citi Diamond Preferred and BoA BBR, both of which are carrying 0% balances.  I also use my PRG once every couple of weeks to keep it 'active'. 

I have one QS in my wallet as a 'just in case' and the other is in the SD with a recurring charge keeping it active.  My USAA Visa is also in the SD, where it will likely stay for a while.

Message 17 of 61
Lymin
New Contributor

I am using my CSP and Amex ED most right now. Mostly to meet spending requirements for rewards. But afterwards, no telling what my top 2 will be. 

Gardening since 8/13/2016

Message 18 of 61
EdMan63
Established Contributor

With restaurants being the category right now for Freedom, that's what I'm using the most since I eat out quite a bit during the work week. Other than that I use whatever will maximize the spend. Quicksilver is my best general spend card and CSP when I travel etc. To be honest since I'm in the process of building a home and obtaining a mortgage, I'm doing my best to minimize credit card use for anything other than necessities. I want to focus on my spending rather than chase reward points. Sometimes I think reward programs can lure you into spending more than you would normally if you're not careful. 

Message 19 of 61
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Citi DC for general spending.
Blispay for all purchases over $199.
Chase Freedom for warehouse.
PenFed Cash rewards for all gas.
Amex BCP for general spend, grocery stores and AU's gas purchases.
Cap One QS general spend.
I have many others, these are the ones that get the most use.
Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.