New Contributor
GatorGuy

Re: What credit card should i use ??

MartyFisher92100 wrote:
What did I do to this thread you guys ganged up on me because I post a lot and listed my income. Jesus I am purchasing a new car and wanted a gas card and I was literally shot down by all of u guys

I'm sorry that I was just not that impressed with the Shell mastercard. I thought it was a productive conversation though.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
MartyFisher92100

Guys I'm not mad at anyone or ganging up I was just saying the gas I use for each car and yes I can from nothing so I do talk sometimes
Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

MartyFisher92100 wrote:
Guys I'm not mad at anyone or ganging up I was just saying the gas I use for each car and yes I can from nothing so I do talk sometimes

I think we have gotten back on track

OP no one was ganging up on you we do give constructive answers on this forum. 

We respect each others views and responses including yours.

You have the option to take the answers best suited for your situation and apply it for best results.

Word to the wise and just an FYI so please don't take offense

When a community leader ask you to tone down a conversation please do so as to not get a MOD involved

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Regular Contributor
broseph23

[ Edited ]
@lexie I think if one spends over $250k on any charge card now they can call and request one, but I may be wrong. Just thought I read it somewhere. But yeah, I just read this whole thread and now it's a bit off topic! OP: get whatever gas card (but looks like you've already pulled the trigger) you want and use whatever you want on your purchase of the escalade. Everyone here was just trying to tell you what would probably give you the most rewards, that is all. Good luck.
Age: 22 | FICO: TU 757, EQ 736, EX 716 | FAKO: TU 751, EX 781 | Garden: 4/14 | Total History: 4yr 1mo | AAoA: 2yr 3mo | Util: 3%
........11500...............4000...............6000................7000................500..................5000................2000...............10000
Frequent Contributor
Laugh

To be honest, I'm pretty surprised that you, who commands a 350k salary, doesn't do research on the cards that you possess.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
New Contributor
GatorGuy

@myjourney

I think it is also important to remember that for every one person that creates a thread to ask a question there are probably 10 people with the same question who will read the thread later. For that reason I think it is important to include as much information and be as thorough as possible.
If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
09Lexie

@broseph23

I believe that $250k is the current spend requirement. It has gone back in forth on invite vs open app. Last I heard, it was back to invite- I can be wrong. :smileywink:
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

GatorGuy wrote:
@myjourney

I think it is also important to remember that for every one person that creates a thread to ask a question there are probably 10 people with the same question who will read the thread later. For that reason I think it is important to include as much information and be as thorough as possible.

Agreed we can't help without all the facts so we ask questions :smileywink:

What we don't do is tell people to apply for this or that w/o knowing what a persons CR looks like.

Which is why this forum is by far the best.....

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

MartyFisher92100

Then why did the forumgoer have a problem with me I was giving info
Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Frequent Contributor
hutchj

Something my grandparents have always told me is "It's not what you say, it's how you say it."

Marty, some of your comments had an aggressive tone to them. Maybe you didn't mean for it to come across like that, but like someone commented earlier it's hard to know a poster's intended tone through text.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+