Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card will I qualify for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What credit card will I qualify for?

I have a fico in the low 600's and want to rebuild.  What credit card do you all think I will qualify for?  Also my wife is in the mid 700's should I ask her if she will co-sign??  Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: What credit card will I qualify for?

Hi, and welcome to the forums!  It's hard to say which issuer will give you a card until you post a little more about your situation.  Why are your scores are where they are?  How old are your derogatory accounts, and do you have any current delinquent balances?

You could ask your wife to put you on as an authorized user on one of her accounts, but not all CCC's would report you to the CRBs.  

Again, more information and I think the experts on here can chime in.  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 7
jackg
Established Contributor

Sorry but I don't think that rehashing the "why's & who's" of your credit history/scores is relevant now. If you want to rebuild please visit the forum titled "Rebuilding Your Credit." There is a lot of very useful info. for you to use.

Good Luck

We've all been there.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 7
Scamp
Valued Contributor

jackg wrote:

Sorry but I don't think that rehashing the "why's & who's" of your credit history/scores is relevant now. If you want to rebuild please visit the forum titled "Rebuilding Your Credit." There is a lot of very useful info. for you to use.

Good Luck

We've all been there.

jackg, it's perfectly fine for a member to post on this board asking for advice and information on what cards are most likely to approve a rebuilder, and we do need such a member to post scores and at least some info regarding their credit history in order to make the most useful recommendations.

kbickford, do please post the information we've requested; then we'll be able to give you some ideas regarding likely cards for you.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 scamp

Score alone is very unreliable predictor.  Need to know:

1.  How many current TL's you have open/closed

2.  How many derogs, types and age

3.  CL's on current accounts

4.  Balances & percentage of utilizations

5.  Other reported debt such as mortgage, auto, student, personal loans, etc.

6.  Any recent lates or baddies.

7.  Your annual income

8.  Did you obtain your scores here on MyFICO or elsewhere?  If elsewhere, then those are probably FAKO and not reliable as a credit approval indicator.

I think that you can get some reliable input with this info

Message 5 of 7
jackg
Established Contributor

Scamp/kbickford,

Perhaps my post was too brief to communicate my intent. Of course it's fine to post scores and such. What I intended to communicate was that I don't think dragging up past mistakes is useful when you're trying to motivate yourself to take on rebuilding. I'm promoting keeping a positive attitude, that's all.

Message Edited by jackg on 09-26-2009 01:06 PM
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 6 of 7
Scamp
Valued Contributor

jackg wrote:

Scamp/kbickford,

Perhaps my post was to brief to communicate my intent. Of course it's fine to post scores and such. What I intended to communicate was that I don't think dragging up past mistakes is useful when you're trying to motivate yourself to take on rebuilding. I'm promoting keeping a positive attitude, that's all.

Thanks for clarifying - glad to hear it. 

Yeah, sometimes a few extra words help make sure things go across the way you mean them, especially in the black-and-white-words world of a forum like this. 

Myself, I usually have the opposite problem!  Smiley Tongue

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.