Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit cards am I qualified for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What credit cards am I qualified for?

My credit score is 640. I have a Capital One Platnium with a $1,300 credit line, Capital One QuicksilverOne with a $500 credit line, and a Discover It with a $1,500 credit line. I have one blemish on my report which it says is out for collections even though I made a payment agreement with hospital. My oldest credit card I got in April 2015. What unsecured cards am I more than likely to get accepted for? I travel a lot so I like to have different cards on me

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit cards am I qualified for?

If you have Credit Karma, they have suggestions for CC's that you qualify for. Or got to creditcards.com and see what is available that fits your credit profile.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It only suggest First Premier, Credit One and some others. Also suggest Capital One, but I have 2 Cap1's

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you obtain the 640 score? Is that a FICO, or a FAKO? If it's a TU FICO, possibly a Barclay Rewards MC or a few different Synchrony store cards like Walmart, Amazon.com, JCPenny. I'll also toss in some friendly advice. Don't run out and start app'ing for the sake of, "you might qualify". I'll give you my own personal short story. I was sent a mailer from Walmart. Applied and got a store card, a day later, Cap 1 came calling with a Quicksilver 1. Then Discover sent a pre qualified mailer. I got the approval bug and wound up 4 or 5 cards with toy limits and 3 store cards. Sounds good so far. But, my goal was to get in with Chase since I already bank there. Chase has a rule that you can't get one of their cards if you have 5 new accounts or more in the past 24 months. You may not even give a rats hootie about Chase, but it's still a good reminder to set goals and have a plan. Research and think about the card or type of card that you want, that firs your needs. Learn the typical data points required to get it. In the meantime, just cultivate the cards you have. Use them, pay them off on time, every time and in time you'll get credit limit increases. Work on the derogatory items on your report and try to get your reports clean. Before you know it, your scores improve, your limits increase and your ultimate goal is in reach. If I could do it all over again, I'd follow the sage advice of sticking with 3 starter cards and just build a solid base.. 

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit score is 640. I have a Capital One Platnium with a $1,300 credit line, Capital One QuicksilverOne with a $500 credit line, and a Discover It with a $1,500 credit line. I have one blemish on my report which it says is out for collections even though I made a payment agreement with hospital. My oldest credit card I got in April 2015. What unsecured cards am I more than likely to get accepted for? I travel a lot so I like to have different cards on me

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion, FICO says 577

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Where did you obtain that?  Your Discover account should list a TU score and that is a true FICO score. If your TU FICO is 577, there's not many cards you'll qualify for outside of Credit One or First P. As much as getting approved is a good feeling, you don't want either of those.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If that is your current score, your best course of action is getting secured cards for at least 6 months and then proceeding to  unsecured cards.  I'd stay away from the likes of First Premier, Credit One etc.. as those are predatory lenders with fees.  Something you don't need at this stage of your credit journey.

For secured cards, BOA and Capital One are good cards to start with...

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have 3 unsecured cards. My Cap1 Platnium has $1,300, Discover IT $1,500 and Cap1 QuicksilverOne has $500

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest credit card is 10 months old

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I already have 3 unsecured cards. My Cap1 Platnium has $1,300, Discover IT $1,500 and Cap1 QuicksilverOne has $500

If you have those cards since April of 2015, why is your TU score 577?  What are your current FICOs now?  Can you list them?  Also a curious question, why do you want another card?

Is it for a specific need?  For example, are you looking for a card that gives you miles?  Be very forthcoming with your response for best answers as the community does not have access to your file and are just going by your responses..

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.