cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit cards issue the highest limits?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit cards issue the highest limits?

@Anonymous wrote:
i agree about the "big purchase" scenario and the utilization pad, but how often do those purchases really come up? he has current $10k lines now. if it costs that or more then you should seek other means of paying if possible. granted i know your appliances in your house my simultaneously go out so you're out $3-5k but... idk. i am more into "in house financing" at 0% than putting it on a credit card. to me, a credit card isn't a mean of finance, it's a means of rewards for your purchases. it's not an "emergency" card per se. most emergencies have other means of payment opportunities

Not everyone has other means of payment opportunities when it comes to emergencies...

Message 21 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  If you can't pay for it, don't get it.  I do put my large purchases on my cc just to get the rewards & always PIF.  I also understand that some cannot do this.  If your a/c breaks down here in FL, you would do anything to have some ice cold air.  Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 49
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You aren't rich?

Do I know you? Smiley Tongue

No, just a fan of your silly but honest posts. You've helped me lots. 

Sandi, I also live in Florida and thank heavens that we have 2 units so at least half of our house will be cold when one breaks. (Have never had both break at once).

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 23 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy

Silly......Yes. We'll go with that.

I don't have a problem charging more than I can immediately afford to pay off. But I am also in a very unique position where the majority of my income is guaranteed even in the case of a family emergency or medical leave.

Perks of working for a Tribal Government.
Message 24 of 49
NRB525
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@alexhawkeye wrote:

I have good credit, in the 700's.  Are there any cards that typically issue high initial limits?  What's the highest I should expect? I have a couple 10K cards and haven't really tried any new applications.    Are there any that have a reputation with providing high limits?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.

You've posted this in three different places. Please refrain from cross posting.

Interesting. OP has three posts. Apparently three separate threads. We are on page three of this thread as everyone talks to themselves... and no OP...

Just my recurring MyFICO observation: It doesn't take much for this crowd to get going Smiley Happy

Cheers!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 25 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@alexhawkeye wrote:

I have good credit, in the 700's.  Are there any cards that typically issue high initial limits?  What's the highest I should expect? I have a couple 10K cards and haven't really tried any new applications.    Are there any that have a reputation with providing high limits?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.

You've posted this in three different places. Please refrain from cross posting.

Interesting. OP has three posts. Apparently three separate threads. We are on page three of this thread as everyone talks to themselves... and no OP...

Just my recurring MyFICO observation: It doesn't take much for this crowd to get going Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Hi.

Message 26 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to chime in...I'm not against carrying a balance if I need to. That's what it's there for. Sometimes there are emergencies. If it comes down to feeding my family or starving I'm gonna use my credit card and buy the groceries. If I'm in FL and its 100 degrees and my AC breaks damn sure skippy I will put a new one on a credit card.

However, when you start to buy stuff you don't need and start carrying balances for things you can't even remember buying..that's when it gets out of hand.
Message 27 of 49
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@alexhawkeye wrote:

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.

Cheers!

I can't argue with you about that!!

Message 28 of 49
mrsno
Valued Member

It seems that some providers love you and some don't.

Discover and Chase have been very generous with me with $18.5K and $25K respectivley, but I've heard, particularly Discover, being very stingy with other folks.

It seems that Amex is pretty generous. I just got a BCE almost two motnhs ago with a SL of $10K and am looking forward to doing my 3x CLI if I get approved. I have a good long-term relationship with Amex, so I'm optimiistic.  I've had an Amex charge card (green/PRG) for years

Rebuilding since 2020 from the low 500s

Wallet

Sock Drawer

Chopped
Message 29 of 49
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

@degs138 wrote:

I've noticed Navy credit union issues some high starting limits.  As well as Amex if you have a clean credit file.  Citi is stingy as well as BOA.  If you already have some 10k limit cards that is more than likely the starting limit.  Though you can recon for a higher limit on your card once you're approved.  Capital one, Barclay and Chase I've had experiance with and they are, in my opinion, pretty easy to recon with.  Then again, I didn't have any baddie's on my credit file.

BOA has treated me well. They gave me my highest limit at $10,000! I think my next highest card at the time was $5,000 from Chase. Your results may varry. My AAoA is around 2 years and I'm relatively new to credit (due to my age - no AA backdating for me!). 

Are you looking for a high starting limit or a high limit within a reasonable period of time? For the latter, I'd recommend AMEX. Check out their 3X CLI policy (search this fourm). 

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.