cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit cards issue the highest limits?

tag
LightSShadow

Re: What credit cards issue the highest limits?

After having the following cards...

Cap One QuickSilver One $2,500

Barclay (regular) $4,000

I got approved for...

Chase Sapphire Preferred $24,000

Chase Amazon Rewards $8,500

CapitalOne venture $20,000

All in a single app spree.  I also got Amex SPG and Amex PRG but their limtis were a bit stingy.

Message 11 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got approved for a Cap1 venture w/ 20k CL and Chase sapphire preferred with 15k CL with score in the mid to low 700s. Those are my highest CL cards now
Message 12 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

not to be a butt, but you're being totally vague. chase freedom can give you $500 or $20k. i mean any bank will lend any amount to a worthy customer. i disagree about the credit union giving more credit on average than the banks. banks have more lendable money so they will typically lend more. that's why credit unions typically sell your home loans to banks if they're over a certain amount.

banks make money off of the money they loan so they lend more. credit unions HAVE to be tighter.

back to the point..
so MOST banks will offer you an amount reasonable to your current limits. so the amount you get from one bank won't be too much different than another bank. if chase will give you a line of $5k then most others will be between $4-$7k.

just a question, not to be snippy or rude, but why does it matter who will lend the most? i never understood that... i mean i know it's "cool" to be trusted with money but essentially if you don't need a $20k line why have it? it doesn't help THAT much really. it's more on percent than dollar amounts.
Message 13 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
not to be a butt, but you're being totally vague. chase freedom can give you $500 or $20k. i mean any bank will lend any amount to a worthy customer. i disagree about the credit union giving more credit on average than the banks. banks have more lendable money so they will typically lend more. that's why credit unions typically sell your home loans to banks if they're over a certain amount.

banks make money off of the money they loan so they lend more. credit unions HAVE to be tighter.

back to the point..
so MOST banks will offer you an amount reasonable to your current limits. so the amount you get from one bank won't be too much different than another bank. if chase will give you a line of $5k then most others will be between $4-$7k.

just a question, not to be snippy or rude, but why does it matter who will lend the most? i never understood that... i mean i know it's "cool" to be trusted with money but essentially if you don't need a $20k line why have it? it doesn't help THAT much really. it's more on percent than dollar amounts.

@Anonymous,

A large credit line is important and comes handy should you need to make a large purchase and carry a balance for a few months.  It helps pad your utilzation which plays an important role on how FICOs are derived.  A huge line helps you not max out line and also not look risky in lenders eyes.

So for example, If you have to buy something that cost $5k, would you put it on a 5k credit line or would you put it on a 20k credit line?  I'd go with the 20k line.

Message 14 of 49
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

A question that must be asked. What does your AAOA look like? This is important.

Also, when did you last apply for your last 3 credit cards? This is important because if you applied to 3 credit cards in the last 3 months, generally speaking, the credit limits shrink as you go down the rabbit hole.

IE: Card1: 5,000  Card2: 3,000    Card3: 1,000   Card4: 750 and so on until you just start getting rejections because you've shot your AAOA half to death.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 15 of 49
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

back to the point..

A large credit line is important and comes handy should you need to make a large purchase and carry a balance for a few months.  It helps pad your utilzation which plays an important role on how FICOs are derived.  A huge line helps you not max out line and also not look risky in lenders eyes.

If you have buy something that cost $5k, would you put it on a 5k credit line or would you put it on a 20k credit line?  

Nixon tells me I should put it on whichever one gives the biggest rewards, regardless of the consequences, interest, etc. Then I am to pay in full...because I am rich...oh wait, no I'm not. Hmm...

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 16 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

back to the point..

If you have buy something that cost $5k, would you put it on a 5k credit line or would you put it on a 20k credit line?  

Nixon tells me I should put it on whichever one gives the biggest rewards, regardless of the consequences, interest, etc. Then I am to pay in full...because I am rich...oh wait, no I'm not. Hmm...

@SecretAzure,

I think Nixon was joking...Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree about the "big purchase" scenario and the utilization pad, but how often do those purchases really come up? he has current $10k lines now. if it costs that or more then you should seek other means of paying if possible. granted i know your appliances in your house my simultaneously go out so you're out $3-5k but... idk. i am more into "in house financing" at 0% than putting it on a credit card. to me, a credit card isn't a mean of finance, it's a means of rewards for your purchases. it's not an "emergency" card per se. most emergencies have other means of payment opportunities
Message 18 of 49
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i agree about the "big purchase" scenario and the utilization pad, but how often do those purchases really come up? he has current $10k lines now. if it costs that or more then you should seek other means of paying if possible. granted i know your appliances in your house my simultaneously go out so you're out $3-5k but... idk. i am more into "in house financing" at 0% than putting it on a credit card. to me, a credit card isn't a mean of finance, it's a means of rewards for your purchases. it's not an "emergency" card per se. most emergencies have other means of payment opportunities

I agree but there are tons of mild/oops emergencies in which a credit card is good for.

OP make sure to hit the "Kudos" button (stripe with the star) for all the responses you find to be helpful. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

You aren't rich?

Do I know you? Smiley Tongue
Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.