cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit cards issue the highest limits?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit cards issue the highest limits?

I like having high limits because for the times that I have a large purchase I would like to make it without having to use up my cl or a good portion of it, causing my utilization to be over 30%..even 10% is :s for me

I find personally, that discover is stingiest..

Amex has been pretty good to me, but probably because of my start member date--citi started me out at mere 600$ when I was 16 and now I'm over five figures easily..

Chase is also pretty generous with their CL even though I've never has a card with them before.

If you have good credit score, good income and also little utilization I can safely say that chase will give you a generous CL.
Message 31 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had sucess with the Chase co-branded cards . Approved with lots of inquries about 15plus with lots of new accounts in last 6 months .

CHASE IHG $22000 & CHASE SOUTHWEST $22000

Message 32 of 49
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

So lets rephrase this lol who gives you the highest credit lines and actually lets you access them without AA. 

So that counts out Chase, Bofa,Amex,Citi, lol

So in that case I will stick with Navy fed for all my high limits in case of a large purchases. Because let's be honest what good is a 40k limit if you charge 30k and they balance chase your ass to 5k. 

I actually have a 6k balance on my 7k NFCU card and was at max two months ago but I am paying it off in large chunks and also have run 7k in payments through the card already and I have seen nothing but increases from all my other limits. 

The biggest issue here is everyone is so wrapped up in there score they forget that credit is a tool to get what you want in life on your terms.

And as far as my scores go why do I care if I have a 10-15pt drop while I carry a balance I'm not going to go for a mortgage with high utilization or a car loan but when I'm just gardening what does it really freaking matter if you have high utilization on one card.

I have an extremely long credit history of bringing cards to max and paying them off I haven't had one bank AA me at all but that one guy that never carries a balance when he tries I bet all the banks will be watching very closely because he has zero experience in there eyes actually paying off debt overtime. 

Which is the exact reason when you go for a car for the first time they hit you with no auto loan history.

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 33 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Currently:

Capital One Venture

Chase Marriott, United, or Ritz

+1

Message 34 of 49
mrsno
Valued Member

Almost a quarter million? Across which cards? I'm interested.

Rebuilding since 2020 from the low 500s

Wallet

Sock Drawer

Chopped
Message 35 of 49
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Creditors can certainly vary but generally short term high utilization isn't an issue.  It's prolonged high utilization that can get on into trouble.  I've charged at least 76% to a Chase card without issue but that was quickly paid off.

AA isn't just a matter of usage with a given bank.  One's entire credit profile matters.

Similarly, limits aren't just a matter of creditor or product.  One's credit and income matter.  A creditor may be more lax but even a lax creditor will not issue high limits to one with credit and income that do not qualify.  A conservative lender can grant high limits to one with credit and income that do qualify.  As an example, PenFed is notoriously conservative on apporvals but they issued me my highest CL.

Message 36 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit cards issue the highest limits

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Starting line lean towards income + DTI %. There is not one company that gives absurd lines for cards, it depends on the applicant. Usually you can expect to starting lines to be in line with already established lines.

+1

Message 37 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
not to be a butt, but you're being totally vague. chase freedom can give you $500 or $20k. i mean any bank will lend any amount to a worthy customer. i disagree about the credit union giving more credit on average than the banks. banks have more lendable money so they will typically lend more. that's why credit unions typically sell your home loans to banks if they're over a certain amount.

banks make money off of the money they loan so they lend more. credit unions HAVE to be tighter.

back to the point..
so MOST banks will offer you an amount reasonable to your current limits. so the amount you get from one bank won't be too much different than another bank. if chase will give you a line of $5k then most others will be between $4-$7k.

just a question, not to be snippy or rude, but why does it matter who will lend the most? i never understood that... i mean i know it's "cool" to be trusted with money but essentially if you don't need a $20k line why have it? it doesn't help THAT much really. it's more on percent than dollar amounts.

@Anonymous,

A large credit line is important and comes handy should you need to make a large purchase and carry a balance for a few months.  It helps pad your utilzation which plays an important role on how FICOs are derived.  A huge line helps you not max out line and also not look risky in lenders eyes.

So for example, If you have to buy something that cost $5k, would you put it on a 5k credit line or would you put it on a 20k credit line?  I'd go with the 20k line.

Well said Yes.

Message 38 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree.  If you can't pay for it, don't get it.  I do put my large purchases on my cc just to get the rewards & always PIF.  I also understand that some cannot do this.  If your a/c breaks down here in FL, you would do anything to have some ice cold air.  Smiley Wink

Amen Sandi!!!!

Message 39 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would say NFCU and capital one issue the highest limits compared to credit qualifications meaning that you don't need the best report or scores to get a high limit
Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.