cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit cards will you NOT carry?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: What credit cards will you NOT carry?

Oh, I forgot - I don't carry out ridiculously high CL Barnes and Noble card  Smiley Very Happy  We use to buy online, and for utilization!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 11 of 45
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:
Oh, I forgot - I don't carry out ridiculously high CL Barnes and Noble card  Smiley Very Happy  We use to buy online, and for utilization!!

Oh, boo, hiss... Smiley Wink

Cheer up, in about 4 days, there'll be another $500 loosened up to pad your and DW's CL's. Smiley Happy

It would be selfish of me to keep all that credit to myself. Looks like I'll be buying online on the AmEx site, getting double points for B&N purchases.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the lenders I avoid:

Chase (they don't like me, I don't like them--they don't like me because my two biggest BK7 credit card debts were with them; I avoid them because they ratejacked me right after George W. Bush got re-elected in 2004)
Bank of America (a similar situation--three of my BK7 credit card debts were with them, and two of them were accounts that BoA bought--MBNA and Fleet)
HSBC (as I mentioned in another thread, those bastards cancel accounts with no prior notice whatsoever)
Applied Card Bank (actually, this one's a no-brainer; they have the most predatory credit terms I've ever seen; for a copy of those terms, go to http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-Jf4mY2ojfqNmrw9RAnqt342.pgc-?cq=1&p=57)
Message 13 of 45
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Chase
GEMB
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 14 of 45
elsijfdl
Contributor

Chase - they incorrectly calculated interest rate charges on my girlfriend's credit card then were very rude when it was brought up to them.

HSBC - based on what I've read about lack of CLIs, customer service, etc.
Message 15 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm.. Mabey im doing something wrong here.But some of these cards that is being listed as cards i wouldnt carry..I would love to have in my wallet..
I do however have 2 HSBC cards if someone wants them Smiley Very Happy
Message 16 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

cartercorp wrote:
Hmmm.. Mabey im doing something wrong here.But some of these cards that is being listed as cards i wouldnt carry..I would love to have in my wallet..
I do however have 2 HSBC cards if someone wants them Smiley Very Happy

To be fair, maybe I misread the original post.  If it was "lenders I don't want anyone to deal with," I'd narrow it down to just HSBC and Applied Card Bank.  My experiences with Chase and Bank of America were adverse from both my side and the banks' side, and if I handled their cards the same way I handle the ones I have now, my relationship with both banks would be infinitely better.

Of course, Chase and BoA are getting bigger all the time and "bigger" in my experience means "more likely to put profits over people" (as evidenced by the fact that of the combined 5 CC's I used to have with both banks, 4 were opened through banks other than Chase or BoA--MBNA and Fleet wound up with BoA; Chase bought Bank One, and another Chase account used to be Providian).
Message 17 of 45
dondk
Valued Member

Amex.......... We mutually hate each other
Best Buy MC... They suck, CLI at 100 steps
CAP One Bus... It does not report to CRA, and the CL is low
Target........ Gave them a lot of my money and can't get above a $200 CL
Dicks......... Just got them for the special financing, no need otherwise

Those I am keeping

WAMU ...........Only to see who buys them, could be good, could be crap
CHASE.......... they are new with me, so I am giving them some time
Capital one ....Personal card, have them for a few years and they are okay
Barclays........ 0 percent BT, that is the main reason with a decent CL

those I don't mind and I use..
Sams and Wally World.. they are PIF every month, the DW visits each one at least weekly and this is the easiest way to control spending.

They are GEMB and my experiences with them are mixed, but we actually shop there enough that it works for us.

Message Edited by dondk on 09-21-2008 05:27 PM
Message 18 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

wamu planti card with access to fico
Message 19 of 45
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

MarkRabo wrote:
...and another Chase account used to be Providian).

No Providian account ever became a Chase account. Providian was bought in whole by WaMu.
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.