Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What criteria does Walmart use?

tag
Samekathe
Established Member

What criteria does Walmart use?

I applied and got approved for a Cap One.
Then I figured I'd give Walmart a try, they sent me a denial email saying my score is TU350. What score is that? My TU score is 631 ATM.

The reason:
Highest ratio of revolving accounts opened last year.

Yeah I only have one revolving account (Cap One still not reporting), and it was opened last year, what's the freaking problem? How could having 1 revolving account be too much and be a problem?
Starting FICO score 578 (one CC 300)
03/2013 EQ 634. TU 658. EX 672.
Goal score 700
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: What criteria does Walmart use?

Nah...
It's prob your utilization on that card?
What you owe/what your limit is...
And that 351 is from their own scoring system.. Is it out of 609 s'thing? Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 3
Phizzle
New Contributor

Re: What criteria does Walmart use?

Their score system they send is 150 - 650 (correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember seeing that somewhere) and is not your actual Fico, rather it is a risk score they generate.

Sorry for the denial. It seems like a somewhat silly reason. You could try calling the backdoor number, though from what I've heard, recons are almost non-existent with them. Again, going off memory here, correct me if I'm wrong.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.