cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What determines a statement closing date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What determines a statement closing date?

What determines the closing date for a credit card statement?  Is it 30 days after your approved for an account or pre-determined date that they use? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: What determines a statement closing date?

Depends on the lender.  With big lenders, usually set when they send out card.  Not sure why big deal as you can change statement date.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Depends on the lender.  With big lenders, usually set when they send out card.  Not sure why big deal as you can change statement date.

hmm how is this done? my best buy and macy's are due on the 27th and the 21st. if i can move all my cards to around the 9th that would be alot of help.

and yes i had this probelm that i sent money out the day the statements came out (not knowing they did because it takes a day for them to accept payment) and 2 new accounts reported balances =/. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@OlegWasHere wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

hmm how is this done? my best buy and macy's are due on the 27th and the 21st. if i can move all my cards to around the 9th that would be alot of help.

and yes i had this probelm that i sent money out the day the statements came out (not knowing they did because it takes a day for them to accept payment) and 2 new accounts reported balances =/. 

Just call them and ask to the change payment due date. Statment usually closes 4 to 6 days after payment due date.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a few of my statement closing dates changed including my car loan and AT&T. DirecTV doesn't do it.   

Message 5 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had a few of my statement closing dates changed including my car loan and AT&T. DirecTV doesn't do it.   

can't really consider AT&T and directv as they aren't credit products.  Most lending products let you change statement dates.  Notable exceptions include small cu who might have same statement date for everyone, and mortgages and installment loans.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

can't really consider AT&T and directv as they aren't credit products.  Most lending products let you change statement dates.  Notable exceptions include small cu who might have same statement date for everyone, and mortgages and installment loans.

No, just pointing out my experience with them.

Message 7 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, just pointing out my experience with them.

Due dates can not vary (by Law). But statement dates can vay, but they must  meet the minimum days notice of amount due.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.