Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did I do?

Asking for help fellow ficoer's.  I was at 788 in Equifax for a while with AAoA at 5.7, oldest account 15 years, UTI less than 1% and no negatives at all.  So I applied for Discover IT and approved but the account hasn't shown up yet, but only the INQ which stands at 3.  I recently paid off a loan which brought my revolving accounts down to 2 ( was previously getting negative indicators because I had 3).  Long story short (too late I know) but now my EQ FICO is 762.I'm deploying for the next 7 months so its not huge but plan on buying a home when I return and want the best rates.  Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what happened?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What did I do?

Sorry...It's down from 788... Thats 26 points...any ideas?

Message 2 of 6
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

was it a new auto loan? 

maybe the drop in aaoa from the discover? 

over times it will grow again. 

even with a 750 you can get the best rates i believe. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The INQ was for a new Discover CC, the INQ showed up but account hasn't hot yet so I'm very curious.  I know its greedy to nit-pic about such things but I am blown away by the real FICO score loss

Message 4 of 6
adavis425
Established Contributor

Inq usually shows up first. Don't know that it would cost you 26 points though. You sure nothing else is going on?

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 5 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Locked thread to direct others to your thread here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/What-did-I-do/m-p/1636548#U1636548

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.