Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to get a StarBucks Credit Card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What do I need to get a StarBucks Credit Card

Lately I am drinking lot of White Chocolate Mocca at Star Bucks on my Business Travels. What do  I need to get a Star Bucks Credit Card? Those of you who have the Start Bucks Credit Card, how do you like it so far?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do I need to get a StarBucks Credit Card

concorduser wrote:
Lately I am drinking lot of White Chocolate Mocca at Star Bucks on my Business Travels. What do  I need to get a Star Bucks Credit Card? Those of you who have the Start Bucks Credit Card, how do you like it so far?

Are you talking about the Chase Starbucks Duetto card?  I've heard good things about it, but the rewards are extremely Starbucks-specific, so it's really only good for people who spend a lot there anyway.

Message 2 of 20
brooklyngal
Contributor

Nothing to add but Starbucks WCMs are delish!!  Add some peppermint syrup and it's even more tasty.

Oh yeah, why do you want ANOTHER card? Smiley Very Happy

concorduser wrote:

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

white peprmint mocha or java chip are my ds's fav's.

i like it even get the 2 hors of wifi with it, since you have to have a satrbucks gift card for free wifi now.

mine started as the 200 bp store only account and progressed through cli's, upgrades, and product changes to the duetto card. i'm sure you know it's chase backed, so really depends on how you feel they'll view your scores/file.

my next chase product is going to be the pro card. ccuser have you thought of the pro card?
Message 4 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

concorduser, it's not exactly the same thing, but I got a Chase Borders Visa. At first it was great to have the rewards, but now I wish that I had gotten the Freedom instead. (I didn't have the nerve at the time.)

When the rewards are so specific to a vendor, I find that it gets a bit irritating after a while. If the Duetto is anything like the Borders, trying to keep up with your rewards would put in you caffeine-induced heart arrhythmias.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 20
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I really dont want another card. I am so hooked on SB WCM I thought it would be a good idea to get the SB Card. But if it is offered by Chase probably I'll not have much as luck as I tried couple of times and got declined. I guess for now I'll stay with SB Gift card and replenish it using to Citi or Amex Card.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to know the card works it doubles a credit card and an reloadable starbuckss gift card.

1% of ALL Purchases(even at starbucks if a store credit isnt used.

the way to make use of this card it figure how much you spend monthly and use the credit card to preload the store card giving you a 3% ,which then you can bulid on my making purchases with the card.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember, though, Chase is one of the hardest cards to get.  You can't have a BK on your record  AT ALL, no matter how old.    They are less lenient than most creditors in approving new cards.
Message 8 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I traded in my feedom card for the SB card and in the short side of things I should have kept the freedom earning me 3% at top 3 things vs just 3% at SB.  I use it exclusively for SB though so it's cool there and nice looking card but kind of blah having to set up a reload to the starbucks card vs visa to earn your full 3%.

and I believe there have been people recently getting recon. on appications with old bk and getting approved.
Message 9 of 20
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Venti White Chocolate Mocha, 7 pumps. Add caramel. Can't beat it!

It may be worth a shot to apply, as another poster mentioned, it seems a ton of people on the board have been having good luck reconning with Chase lately if not immediately approved.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.