cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do i have to spend to get a 5k increase on QS card?

tag
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Re: What do i have to spend to get a 5k increase on QS card?

I got a Cap1Platinum card in Jan2016 with $750 cl. I had a BoA with a 1k cl and a SYNC Card 3.3k at 80% UTIL at the time. I wasn't real good with cards then (ignorant) and kept the Cap1 paid down to 50% thinking I was doing good.

Around April, I started running my bills through it and pif... I dont remember the sequence, but I think I hit the Love button (June) and they doubled my cl ($1,500). I was pumped, but my BoA had 3% gas and 2% grocery, Cap1 had nothing. I called and asked if they could give me a rewards program somehow. They were so polite and eagar, they gave me a Quicksilver with a $2,750 cl..... My Fico around then was probaly 645. I asked for a CLI  2 weeks ago and was declined, but then I realized they had just done the big bump 2 months ago ......I will hit the love button when I see it and feel 5k is not out of the realm of pssibilites

on another note, I have now paid my UTIL down to 12%, got approved for an AMEX Blue cash ED (2k) and I am most pround of a Chase Sapphire Prefered (5k) the first week of September. I started with 5 baddies and am down to 2 which will fall off this year. My TU Fico 8 hit 704 yesterday!! (but the last 2 cards have not been reported yet...don't know what that will doSmiley Sad)

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the person that posted a few posts back received a $5000 CLI on their QS from $8500 to $13,500 and that was putting massive spends on the card, as much as $9k per month by his own admission.  If this person received a 59% increase ($5k) I don't see how someone else with a significantly lower spend would be able to receive a 600%+ increase.  Not likely, anyway.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't see how someone else with a significantly lower spend would be able to receive a 600%+ increase.  Not likely, anyway.

Cap1 was my first card on my rebuild and I got a Platinum for $300 SCL.  They said after 5 months on time payments they'd up it $200 to $500 total.  Surprise surprise 5 months came and they jumped me $2k to a $2300 total.  That's a 667% increase and I used the card less than 10 times total in that period.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great. I guess I'll see what happens in 2 weeks.
Message 14 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes there's just to rhyme or reason with CapOne.  Perfect example, both my PlayStation Visa and my Venture card were due for a CLI.  Actually they've both were eligible about a week ago.  I use my PlayStation all the time ($4,500 current CL) and my Venture ($15,750 current CL) almost never.  Hit the button this morning and they offered $200 increase on PlayStation which I usually run about $1,100 on average per month through that card with lots of swipes.  However, on my Venture which I've swiped 5 times in the past 6 months totaling no more than probably $15 bucks amongst those 5 swipes and they offered a $3K increase. 

Needless to say I declined the $200 increase on PlayStation which will remain at $4,500 and accepted the $3k on the Venture which is now at $18,750. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap1 was my first card on my rebuild and I got a Platinum for $300 SCL.  They said after 5 months on time payments they'd up it $200 to $500 total.  Surprise surprise 5 months came and they jumped me $2k to a $2300 total.  That's a 667% increase and I used the card less than 10 times total in that period.

Your SL was > 60% less than the SL of the OP, so any increase realized on your account expressed as a percentage would be significantly greater than would be the case for the OP.

Message 16 of 19
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am on month 11 of the Cap1 steps program. I've spend about $5K over the past 5 months on my Quicksilver card. NO late payments. 0% Util reported every month. I am 21 months post Chapter 7. Current scores are TU 598, EX 619, EQ 610. I just got 4 student loans removed on 9/8/2016.

Your scores should be in the mid-600's across the board, what happened? Did you have late pays or defaults post BK? If not, you need to pull all of your PAPER reports (the ones that come in the mail) and see if everything is reported correctly. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gotten a cpl 3000 dollar increases on my cap one cards.  I usually spend about 2000 to 3000 per month.It started out as a 500 limit in Jan 15.  Now I'm at 9000

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've gotten a cpl 3000 dollar increases on my cap one cards.  I usually spend about 2000 to 3000 per month.It started out as a 500 limit in Jan 15.  Now I'm at 9000

No one knows OP if your account will qualify for a $5K CLI. I think it's more important to set realistic and attainable goals. If you haven't done so it's a good place to start. The rebuild procees will take time. Good luck on your credit journey!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.