cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do they look at when getting a new credit card?

tag
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

Re: What do they look at when getting a new credit card?

@Gornet wrote:

Whats a UW??

sorry i am like so new to this llol...

Just got my gold delta amex in the mail yay!

"UW" is under-writing (ie. fine print.) All AMEX charge cards have the same fine print, it's just the different cards have things such different sign-up bonuses, benefits, annual fees, etc. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 11 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: What do they look at when getting a new credit card?

@Gornet wrote:

What do they really look at?

There are a couple of things at play.  There's your score and the various factors that go into it:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Then there's the creditor's specific critieria and what a given creditor is specifically looking for can vary.

@Gornet wrote:

I am looking to get the green card from AMEX but people said i should wait 6 months.

I am unemployed and a student

It's really impossible to provide any feedback as there's just not enough information.  Income matters with many creditors.  You can't just on "wait X time" generalizations as time itself doesn't guarantee improvments to your credit.

@Gornet wrote:

what happends when your declined Smiley Sad????

is it like i cant apply anymore?

Nothing happens aside from not getting what you applied for.  You can apply all you want but, again, there's no reason to expect an approval unless your credit has improved since you were denied.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.