cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do u guys think about me obtaining new Cards here.....

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: What do u guys think about me obtaining new Cards here.....

@Legions36 wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@Legions36 wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

Are the baddies paid? If so you could try sending a goodwill to remove early. I am not familiar with student loan rehab. Will that result in it turning into good status?

The 2 baddies r not paid and they should just fall off by next year. The rehab is an aggrement i made that after 9 on time payments of $50 my student loan goes from negative to a positive line, so within the year this will show positive of at least 6years of good payments for a loan, i have read that after people have finished this program they get about a 100 point increase. 

I would definitely wait for applying right now, especially if you are looking at an increase in score in 5 months. I would wait to see what that does. In the mean time, maybe you could work on a pay for delete on those two baddies, assuming it is affordable.

See i don't really want to go threw the hassle of dealing with those collectors for $169 and $1001 this late when literally they should fall off within the year and i even have the rahab that will take less than a year to totally finish. Also the BOA will still stay there even if i pay these collectors from what i hear.

I would rather take this money and add it to the cap1 card or take out another secured loan from a different credit union.

I agree with adding extra funds to your secured line since you already have that account. It will look prettier when you do get prime cards. Also after the rehab is over you will be down to those two collections. I would let that happen and then apply for Chase Freedom since you bank with them. You might have to recon and get a low limit but when those last two things fall off next year you can ask for a cli with hardpull. I would not apply for anything for at least six months. Are you eligible to get into NFCU?

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 11 of 14
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@Legions36 wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@Legions36 wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

Are the baddies paid? If so you could try sending a goodwill to remove early. I am not familiar with student loan rehab. Will that result in it turning into good status?

The 2 baddies r not paid and they should just fall off by next year. The rehab is an aggrement i made that after 9 on time payments of $50 my student loan goes from negative to a positive line, so within the year this will show positive of at least 6years of good payments for a loan, i have read that after people have finished this program they get about a 100 point increase. 

I would definitely wait for applying right now, especially if you are looking at an increase in score in 5 months. I would wait to see what that does. In the mean time, maybe you could work on a pay for delete on those two baddies, assuming it is affordable.

See i don't really want to go threw the hassle of dealing with those collectors for $169 and $1001 this late when literally they should fall off within the year and i even have the rahab that will take less than a year to totally finish. Also the BOA will still stay there even if i pay these collectors from what i hear.

I would rather take this money and add it to the cap1 card or take out another secured loan from a different credit union.

I agree with adding extra funds to your secured line since you already have that account. It will look prettier when you do get prime cards. Also after the rehab is over you will be down to those two collections. I would let that happen and then apply for Chase Freedom since you bank with them. You might have to recon and get a low limit but when those last two things fall off next year you can ask for a cli with hardpull. I would not apply for anything for at least six months. Are you eligible to get into NFCU?

Not sure i know what NFCU is. I live in NJ. 

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 12 of 14
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

NFCU= Navy Federal Credit Union. You have to be in the military or have a family member that is/was in the military. My credit is poor(500's) and I just recently discovered this forums and I am learning a lot. I had never heard of NFCU before, but I read a ton of people having success with them. So i opened a checking/savings, and applied for the nrewards card, and was magically approved for $500 unsecured. I was also recently approved for an unsecured capital one card for $500(I also have a $200 secured with them, and a $500 secured with wells fargo because I bank with them too). I have gotten a million denials left and right and I am up to like 23 inquiries in just 2 months, so I am DONE apping like an idiot!

But, you might have a chance with NFCU, it is worth a shot if you want to take the inq to your credit.

Message 13 of 14
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Great thanks i never even knew i was eligible. My brother in in the airforce now, it would work for me.

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.