Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do with my UR points?

tag
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

What do with my UR points?

I'm about to pc my CSP but I still have 10k points on it. Does 10k get me anything besides crappy merchandise? Maybe it's best worth it if I transfer to Southwest? That's the only airline I travel more frequently....

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bch238
Regular Contributor

Re: What do with my UR points?

Some options:  You can txr to airline or hotel program; tie them to your Amazon account and spend them like cash (they will show up as payment option when you log into Amazon); cash them out as a gift card(s) (10,000 points = $100) on UR mall; spend them toward airfare where they count as 120%, e.g.10,000 points = $120.  The first and last option must be exercised before your PC, I believe, because they are benefits unique to CSP.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 2 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Transfers generally yield more per point.

@bch238 wrote:

I believe, because they are benefits unique to CSP.

Certain Ink cards can transfer as well.

Message 3 of 7
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

I think the best value at that level will be either southwest (should cover once way wanna get away just about anywhere domestic) or Hyatt. You can definitely get a free night in a decent Hyatt for 10k points.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 4 of 7
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
I think the best value at that level will be either southwest (should cover once way wanna get away just about anywhere domestic) or Hyatt. You can definitely get a free night in a decent Hyatt for 10k points.

I can definitely vouch for the Southwest option.  I haven't stayed at a Hyatt, but that makes sense.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 5 of 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Transfer to Brittish Airways and get 1 free r/t flight under 650 miles away (4.5k each way) Smiley Happy

Or send them to me. 

Message 6 of 7
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

Transfer to Brittish Airways and get 1 free r/t flight under 650 miles away (4.5k each way) Smiley Happy

Or send them to me. 

This was going to be my suggestion. Or transfer them to whatever hotel / miles program you are going to use going forward.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.