cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you ACTUALLY carry in your wallet?

tag
kekrre
Contributor

Re: What do you ACTUALLY carry in your wallet?

@koalablue wrote:
I carry Chase Freedom, CSP, United Club Visa, also Amex PRG, BCP and SPG. Right now I mainly use the CSP so I can get the 40,000 points if I spend 3000 in 3 months.

Do you mind me asking how you justify the annual fee? Just curious because that totals up to $805/yr in fees. You would need to have significant spending on dining, United, gas, groceries and Starwood to make it worth it, I would think.

|||||||
Message 101 of 116
Involus
Regular Contributor

TRe: What do you ACTUALLY carry in your wallet?

Well I'm not much of a cash carrier, in fact I HATE carrying cash so I have this nifty wallet: http://www.acmwallet.com/6-card-wallet/all-silver-acmrwallet

I keep all 6 slots full for ease of access, it's easy to 'cross thread' the cards persay but I have to say I do love this wallet it's the only one I will own for the foreseeable future and I like the fact it's RFID protected.

What I keep in it:

1: License

2: Debit card

3: Chase Freedom

4: Amex Green

5: Walmart store card

6: Best Buy store card

C1 is sockdrawred right now and if I had a Discover it would replace the Best Buy card since it's C1 also cause I don't very much like them at the moment. Lol.

Message 102 of 116
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@koalablue wrote:
I carry Chase Freedom, CSP, United Club Visa, also Amex PRG, BCP and SPG. Right now I mainly use the CSP so I can get the 40,000 points if I spend 3000 in 3 months.

Do you mind me asking how you justify the annual fee? Just curious because that totals up to $805/yr in fees. You would need to have significant spending on dining, United, gas, groceries and Starwood to make it worth it, I would think.

I pay more than that in AFs and it's worth it for me. It really depends on your spending patterns and travel needs.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 103 of 116
HiLine
Blogger

@CreditScholar wrote:

@kekrre wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

I pay more than that in AFs and it's worth it for me. It really depends on your spending patterns and travel needs.

Your credit card portfolio looks like that of a big spender Cat Wink

Message 104 of 116
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@kekrre wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

Your credit card portfolio looks like that of a big spender Cat Wink

Well it depends on how you define big spender, but yes I do spend a fair bit on my cards every month.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 105 of 116
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

For most of those cards its the first year and the fee is waived or discounted.  I may not keep all of them.  The Amex PRG is the only one I'd seriously consider getting rid of though, and I'm not sure I'll do that.  I fly United at least once a month so all the perks that come with the Club Visa and the 1.5 miles per dollar for any purchase and 2 miles per dollar for United purchases are worth it to me.  The BCP I use at the supermarket for the 6% cash back on groceries.  The SPG I use for points on hotel stays since I already have enough Mileage Plus miles for a big trip - I wanted a card that was geared more towards hotel stays.  The CSP I got partly for the 40000 point bonus if you spend 3000 in the first 3 months.  I'll probably keep it though since its a good all-around card and I can use points for miles or hotel stays or gift certificates or a bunch of other things.

Message 106 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 debit, 1 credit, 1 gas card.

Message 107 of 116
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

1.)Driver License

2.) Kaiser Card

3.) BOFA Cash Rewards (Gas)

4.) AMEX PRG (Shopping and more higher end places)

5.) Citi Forward (Food, movies, phone bill, subscriptions.)

6.) Discover More (5% categories, and shopdiscover) 

And an assortment of other business cards (sometimes, the places I go to eat are pretty good, so I keep a card just in case I ever want to go back again.) and some cash (I dont want to go crazy and put all my spending on CC's.) 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 108 of 116
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

i only carry my

1. Chase Freedom

2. Amex Green

3. Discover More

4. Wells Fargo Debit.

The rest are SD. (:

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 109 of 116
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Welp, on top of my previous list, i FINALLY have my Chase Sapphire in my wallet...Visa Signature!!! Looks great, so cool! Only qualm is as soon as I pulled off the activation sticker, I scratched the surface and all the cool paint flaked off in one area -_- not the end of the world though, just frustrating that I had it in my hands for like 2 seconds and already I messed it up! XD

Message 110 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.