Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you all think?

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: What do you all think?

Credit issuers do pay attention to remaining balance vs. original balance when it comes to installment loans like student loans.  However, with your score and income I doubt that's going to be an issue for you.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
lov2xlr8
Established Member

UPDATE to Re: What do you all think?

Update: So I had some fun yesterday! Took everybody's advice here and went ahead and apped fro the CSP as well as asked for the CLI's on my other 4 cards... got the CSP (at a branch - so only $2000 over 3m for the 40,000 UR points) with 5k limit (was hoping for 7-10 range, but w/e, student loans maybe?... also was accepted immediately for CLI's for all 4 cards, AMEX blue from 2.2k to 6k, Chase Freedom from 2k to 7k, Citi Forward from 4k to 10k, and BOA AMEX from 2.5k to 6k... pretty good day! Thanks again all for your input, now time to start gardening for the next year or so, will monitor what kind of pulls (hard vs soft) were done... Also, what's the CLI's for CSP like, hard or soft, and when should I ask for my sirst one? Thanks again, the community here is great, becoming one of my goto forums in my offtime!

Message 12 of 15
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE to Re: What do you all think?

Congratulations on all the success!

Please post back to let us know if the CLIs were hard or soft pulls, especially as it relates to the Citi Forward CLI.

Chase CLIs are almost always HP according to what is posted here and the info I have received from secure messages with Chase CSRs.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 13 of 15
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. I knew you would be a shoe in for approval. CL could be due to the SL balance, or just because they want to see how you handle their CC. You got a nice bump to available credit through all of the CLIs on the other cards as well. Use the CSP and I am sure you will see an auto-CLI on that within 6 months (I went from $9,200 to $12,500 auto CLI on a CSP I got in 02/13) with similar reported income, but had only $12,500 in SL (now down to about $6,500 - can't wait to see what that does for my scores this month). A customer initiated CLI with Chase is more often than not going to be a HP, so keep that in mind if you don't get the auto-CLI (which I think you will with some decent spending on it).

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 14 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.