Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do with your rewards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you do with your rewards?

I use my cashback for statement credits, and just used 25,000 points from my CSP and Freedom to book a last minute United flight to see an ill family member tomorrow. $1,100 ticket that I would have bought anyway, less $75 late award booking fee and $11 surcharge, for 25,000 points = 4 cents per point, and that's economy class. CSP gave me 4%/8% and Freedom gave me 4%/20% back for those points. Not bad!

Message 31 of 47
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Right now I'm saving all mine up to redeem against my honeymoon in April. Hoping to knockst least $1k off of the trip to Jamaica!

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 32 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping to save all of my rewards until I can pay an entire month's worth of bills with them. I am only short about 1k now! LOL

Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seriously considered cashing out a couple hundred and just buying a bunch of scratch off lottery tickets lmao! Must be my mother in me.. Ya never know, i could be one of the lucky ones to win thousands! (Seriously i never gamble. Like once every 5 years. Ive seen family members waste so much money for nothing).

Honestly i used to just take a statement credit but then i started saving them for now. This thread is inspiring me with some new ideas though. Now i just have to decide..
Message 34 of 47
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I seriously considered cashing out a couple hundred and just buying a bunch of scratch off lottery tickets lmao! Must be my mother in me.. Ya never know, i could be one of the lucky ones to win thousands! (Seriously i never gamble. Like once every 5 years. Ive seen family members waste so much money for nothing).

Honestly i used to just take a statement credit but then i started saving them for now. This thread is inspiring me with some new ideas though. Now i just have to decide..

I do fun stuff with my cashback, since I find them "free" money.

So, I'll use them for penny stocks, or to gamble with in Vegas.  For instance, take $50, and bet it all on number 13 in Roulette!  Of course, I've yet to win, ever!  But, it's fun.

Message 35 of 47
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

For CSP, Freedom and Ink, I transfer the UR points to British Airways Avios and use them for short haul flights between SFO and LAX. For BCP and Discover cash back, I let the cash build til January and then use it to help pay off Christmas expenses. Usually have between 400 and 500 dollars cash back by that time.
Message 36 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I'll use them for penny stocks, or to gamble with in Vegas.  For instance, take $50, and bet it all on number 13 in Roulette!  Of course, I've yet to win, ever!  But, it's fun.

I wish I could do this! My brain just won't let me gamble. Once a year or so, I will buy a Poweball ticket or a $1 scratch off ticket for myself and my coworker. We have never won more than $12 on those, but it's fun to try. I just can't bring myself to spend more than that. Which is also why I am terrified of investing.

Message 37 of 47
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I could do this! My brain just won't let me gamble. Once a year or so, I will buy a Poweball ticket or a $1 scratch off ticket for myself and my coworker. We have never won more than $12 on those, but it's fun to try. I just can't bring myself to spend more than that. Which is also why I am terrified of investing.

Aww, I miss those scratch off tickets! My dad always used to buy them (he probably still does) and he would let me and my sister scratch them off as kids. He stopped that when I turned 18 or so because he then figured out I could redeem them myself! I think the most I ever won on a scratch off ticket was $50 or so and that's from years of scratching them off. 

I'm the same way -- I can't even play gambling video games and it's fake money!

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 38 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

My post was probably inspired by a recent event with an acquaintance. A girl i went to high school with just went out for ice cream and her hubby bought one scratch off- $30,000 won. She made the newspaper.

One can fantasize about it...
Message 39 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My post was probably inspired by a recent event with an acquaintance. A girl i went to high school with just went out for ice cream and her hubby bought one scratch off- $30,000 won. She made the newspaper.

One can fantasize about it...

if I ever win huge sum of money, i would never go out in public and say I won, I will probably change my name and move to somewhere else a.s.a.p. Smiley LOL

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.