cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you guys consider perfect payment history.

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: What do you guys consider perfect payment history.

This is a good question which kind of creates an oxymoron. ok. all of my payments are made. 100 percent on time. in the eyes of fico. however. i have a collection. that is also paid in full . 5 years. old. when i go to experian direct. it says. total number of payments ever late. it says 1. which is that old collection. even though its a cable bill from when i moved. i cannot beleive fico can count such bs. but still it says under the 3 cra report. 100 percent on time. im not sure what to think at this point. am i perfect or not. fico says so. but my collection which is paid. says otherwise. hmmmSmiley Surprised

Message 21 of 27
Stralem
Established Contributor

• Paying by the due date

That's it. It's not that hard.

Some guy hit his head and wrote something to the effect of:
Always paying in full

**bleep** please.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 22 of 27
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

I too set the bar pretty low. Perfect payments is paying at least the minimum due and not incurring any late fees.

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

No lates ever.
Message 24 of 27
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Not missing a single payment..

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 27
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

Paying in full, OR paying more than the minimum payment each month. In the case of my auto-loan (the beginning of my credit journey. It was a *GASP* co-signed loan), I paid exactly what was due each month every month for 4 years. I credit this loan as why my scores got as high as they did (I WAS in the 770's last year, but when I realized I needed revolving credit,  I had to take the plunge on the scores. But I'm holding steady now. Smiley Happy )  

Age of Credit: 7 years; AAOA: 2 years 6 months
AMEX ED: $9600 Chase Freedom 4500 Discover It 4500 Citi Diamond Preferred: 3200 Care Credit: 3100 DeltaCCU: 6000 Firestone: 1600

Chained in the garden for a LONG TIME!
Message 26 of 27
compassion101
Established Contributor

When the bank you are seeking credit with looks at your payment history and see no lates reported (meaning that you paid at least the minimum on time every month) then that is perfect in their eyes, can't get any better. No brownie points awarded for paying extra, not carrying a balance etc.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.