cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you guys think of the wells fargo rewards card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you guys think of the wells fargo rewards card?

I am a new wells fargo member(opened a checking account), and was looking at their rewards credit card. Any of you know anything about it? My approval odds?

My credit score is 715 TU and around 700 EX. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you guys think of the wells fargo rewards card?

I would personally stay away from anything Wells Fargo. Have you heard of the recent scandals?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A while back some people were getting approved without even applying. Wells Fargo needs to go away.
Message 3 of 8
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Those are valid points, but OP's question is still worthy of an answer.  I'm curious myself what value there may be in their Go Far rewards program.

From my first look at their marketing, it didn't look all that impressive.  I was going to give it a pass unless someone knows of a way to get real value from it.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a new wells fargo member(opened a checking account), and was looking at their rewards credit card. Any of you know anything about it? My approval odds?

You probably already have one and just don't know it! LOL!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me be serious. I have a bunch off experience with wells, dating  40 years on And off. My strongest recommendation is to immediately close your accounts and go find a bank you like. Forget these shysters.

Don't put any time into them, they are not worth it. I have a lot of banks and bank accounts, and this bank would be at the very bottom of any list i would construct or approve. These are my opinions, and they come from experience. Any possible deal that WF could offer you will be easily bested by many other banks. Why go there?

Message 6 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have Wells Fargo deposit accounts since their branches are convenient to me and my family, and the people at my local branches have always been great (many are holdovers from when my branches here were Wachovia).

That said, I also have a credit card with WF, and while it's been 'OK' it's certainly nothing to write home about, especially in the rewards department.  I really only got the card for overdraft protection anyway, so lack-luster rewards weren't a deal-breaker in my case.

In fairness, I'll also add that they did proactively catch a fraudulent transaction last month, and were able to overnight me a new card which was a pleasant surprise.

TL;DR... their credit cards are 'OK' and suitable for OD protection, but if you're looking for rewards you're better off elsewhere.

Message 7 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Cashwise Visa, which after the signup bonus, is just another 1.5% cashback card. Redemptions have to be done in $25 increments, and it can take a while for cashback to post to your account. I opened the account in April of this year and was just finally able to cash out $200 in rewards, $100 at a time. 

The only other good benefits to the card are Soft Pull CLI's (but only after one year) and free cell phone insurance if you use the card to pay your cell phone bill. Something I will be taking advantage of soon, since I accidentally washed my iPhone 7 in the washer Smiley Sad 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.