Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you like best about your Amazon Store Card

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: What do you like best about your Amazon Store Card

Everything above already mentioned, 5% CB, etc.

Amazon really nailed the market when they started this and sometimes when you order you think that they must have a warehouse just around the corner too.

I am a long distance driver and know all about EXPEDITE very well.

The BEST I would have to say is that Synchrony services this card and that means Rapid Credit Limit Acceleration without a HP too.

A major PLUS for helping keep your utility low on high dollar purchases.

Message 11 of 31
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I cancelled this CC with Syncrony Credit and cut off this card. I'm not a Prime member and I get 5% elsewhere. Syncrony is the worst CC company I've ever seen. Once we had a $10 payment not paid (or late), they charges us like $37 late fee. It is not the CC, but the Syncrony Credit.

Message 12 of 31
iv
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

...that a Prime order took 16 hours to arrive earlier this week

Yeah... I ordered a 1TB SSD at 7:36 last night.  It was delivered at 8:08 this morning

Finally, the local LaserShip has gotten their act together! (Better than their previous "same-day" == "next week" routine.)

(Right, right, this was about the card.  Uncapped 5% and 30k limit is very nice, since these days we order a majority of all non-grocery purchases through Amazon... it's the only "store card" that I'd consider worthwhile.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

5% back all the way. Limits grow faster than my bankcards. If I had a blispay id use that one to make a larger purchase over time as you score the 2% plus the 6 months payments. I'm still a happy customer with my amazon prime card for what it is though. I do spend 100+ a month thru amazon minimum. Soap, TP, home essentials, pet food is a lot of it.

Message 14 of 31
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

cool.Im getting some nice pointers I just wish they had a travel site we could use to book travel and vacations... otherwise im really happy with my amazon card Smiley Happy

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 15 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thsts its not a Chase Visa Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 31
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

whats with the chase visa? Smiley Happy

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 17 of 31
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Besides the fact that they approved me?  I like all the finance promos that others have mentioned.  The payment site is easy to navigate and very informative on both your pc/mac and android versions.  I was approved for $700 in June/July of this year.  Logged in to pay my account in October and they gave me an auto increase to $2000.  One more increase and I can buy my Summit refrigerator without devestating my utility.  Which I have learned about from this site.  Thanks to all.  I love my Amazon.  I will keep that and my Walmart over my CapOne Mastercard if I had to choose.  I can get gas and food etc with my Wallys with cashback.  I can use Amazon for everything else.  Wally's also dropships large ticket items with finance promos but they ship slowly and the selection is not as extensive as Amazon's,  I have Amazon Prime.  I think to get all the benefits you need the Prime.  I dropped my Spotify because all of my music is offered with Prime and I can ask for it using my Echo while cooking or hanging out in my kitchen (my favorite spot).  I am deciding on whether to drop Hulu or Netflix because I have Prime which also carries an extensive collection.  My Prime is renewed using my Amazon Store card so no worries there. 

Back to the store card....my favortie card hands down.  Although, I was just offered a Discover in the mail and accepted so we shall see if Amazon reigns supreme in 2017.  Have a great winter season everybody.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for a CLI yesterday.  Got the 7-10.  Probably a denial but no HP so thats why I did it.  It had been since July with use and PIF.  I still like Amazon though!!!

Message 19 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry jamevfan, its just my take on the fact that from my understanding, the prime store card can be of more use rewards wise if you buy alot on Amazon with the 5% cash back while the Visa only provides 3%. That and seeing how you probably can get a much higher limit with the Sync card compared to the Chase Visa, hard pulls most likely for cli, and thats the two main reasons i like my Amazon store card. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.