Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you need for a Macy's card?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

What do you need for a Macy's card?

I've had my mom as an AU on mine for a year. Perfect payment history but poor UTL. I plan to pay it down, let it report a low balance for a few statements then close. However my mom loves Macy's and shops there more than I do. We applied for her own card and denied. She has scores in the mid 500s, 6 baddies, 85% payment history (went up from 70% after being an AU on my cards) and she was just approved for the Cap1 MC and QS1, both unsecured. The baddies aren't to fall off for a while, but I'm gonna PFD one for her since it was kind of my fault (it's from Verizon in 2009). So what should her scores look like to get her own Macy's? Should we wait for her approval before I close mine?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: What do you need for a Macy's card?

Approvals can start in the low 600s for Macy's.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

Approvals can start in the low 600s for Macy's.

+1

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is the account? What is the current balance? Why close it? Just pay it down and try for a cli plus tell your mom not to charge over 25% of the limit.

You can get your scores up a bit and try to upgrade to the Am Ex version.

Message 4 of 6
icyhot
Valued Contributor

The account will be a year old come July. The current balance is $1600, most of it being from my mom. I'm actually on the fence about closing it, but I'd rather my mom have her own card and not be on mine
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
The account will be a year old come July. The current balance is $1600, most of it being from my mom. I'm actually on the fence about closing it, but I'd rather my mom have her own card and not be on mine

Maybe go for the Am Ex version and if approved see if you can just have her on the store card as an au not the Am Ex portion.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.