cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you prefer, Paper statements or Online only?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you prefer, Paper statements or Online only?

ummmm,

well statements are cool online, but VERY important is the hard copies of TERMS AND CONDITIONS,  preferbaly FROM THEM. 

After having Cingular account for about 5 years, with month to month no obgliation contract.  I was shocked to find out after the big switch (ATT), I had a two year contract!   When I went to pay bill online.

HUH? 

called CSR, very snipply told "do you have a copy of your terms and conditions?"
well I dug around in my file cabinet (remember those)  <<<<vuella, found the hard copies of origional Terms and cond., faxed to ATT and there!  caught them red handed!
Message 11 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

mymy, I'm like you, I file away the T&C's, but everything else is on-line. We live up on a hill, with our mailbox down on a busy highway, and we don't always get all our mail or newspapers! Also, because of my ADHD, I go by visual reminders. If I ever thought that a piece of paper would remain in one place more than 10 minutes, paper statements would work, but that never happens. I have everything bookmarked on the laptop, and foldered within by categories, and I can easily keep track of them that way.

I wouldn't mind going back to paper, but if one got misplaced, bad, bad things would happen! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 20
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

online only I hate checking the mail just to see an other bill, plus I live online.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a pack rat so the online statement thing really helps me out with the clutter.  If i can avoid a paperstatement for anything I opt out of it.  That goes for bank statements, pay  stubs, everything,,,,,,,Saves trees too!!!
Message 14 of 20
Dawn
Established Contributor

I prefer online so I can save electronic versions and backup to CD.  But ... I still get paper in case something happens to me my DH knows what is coming in.  He does not have the desire to keep up with multiple accounts on the computer ... too many log-ins and passwords for him.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I prefer online statements.  Less paper to have to shred.  I still have the capability of printing out the statement if I want.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm an old fuddy duddy. I prefer to actually see an original hard copy statement, that comes through the mail.

But I also check my online activity at least 3 times per week. And actually view the statement online, before I get it in the mail.

Never ever, ever be late. Never
Message 17 of 20
future
Frequent Contributor

I'm as they say - from the old school....  i prefer paper statements, although i receive statements by email..  the email  is like a reminder
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly how I feel future. Well put. Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay my bils online track my account online. my credit cards are  virtalualy only bill I pay directly since all others go on the cards, which are on autopay, so the bank preforms the actual physical act of making the payment, I just provide money in the bank.

So a paper statement is just something else to shread. also in my case I don't the people on the next block that has the same house number as us but their street number is one higher. we're 48th st they're 49th and we've have recived mail for 49th.
one month I found a usps express delivery "we missed you" notice dated Sunday address to 49th, we never got a second notice , so the post office must to have discovered the mistake and delivered to the correct address.

Can you blame me for not wanting paper statements?
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.