Regular Contributor
babymixer

What do you think my chances are, Cap One Venture?

My scores are listed in my signature below. 

I'll be traveling in a few months and i'm looking to get a no foreign transaction fee card.  I'm looking at the capital one venture card.

I have a fed lien against me that has been paid and satisfied, in process of trying to remove it... other than that, my report is stellar.

All of you that have this card, what do you think my chances are?

cc's copy
Frequent Contributor
Dadaluma83

Re: What do you think my chances are, Cap One Venture?

How old is your oldest card? What is your average account age? I can't give you any direct advice as I don't have the card yet, but I plan to app for this same card in 2 more months once my most recent account and inquiry are 6 months old.

According to Cap 1's site they define excellent credit for the card as someone who has never had a bankruptcy, not sure how they view a lien though.

To be a little more safe I would wait until your scores are all above 700. Capital one will do a hard pull on all 3 agencies and it might not be worth the risk of 3 HP's especially if you get denied. However if you have no plans of getting an auto loan or mortgage within the next year then it is worth a shot.

All of capital one's cards have no foreign transaction fee, of course if you apply for one of their sub prime cards you will have a limit that is too low to be of any use for international travel anyway.

FICO Scores: TU: 768 (Jan 2012), EQ: 755 (Jan 2012 Lender pull)
Regular Contributor
babymixer

Re: What do you think my chances are, Cap One Venture?

Hi there,

Thanks for the response.  I'm pretty new to the country so I don't have much credit history at all...  I'm really curious as to how others have fared in getting credit with a satisfied lien against them...

Your oldest account was opened 3 Years, 5 Months ago

Average age of your accounts 2 years 

cc's copy

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+