Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think??

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

What do you think??

So now I think I need to garden for a little bit (it's so hard lol) is there any other card that I should apply for eventually in the future? How about thank you preferred? What should I do with my secured card when I upgrade it?

I'm loving myself with the now 2 Amexs, 1 Chase, 1 Discover, 1 Cap One. I want another Visa this year so I was thinking of thank you preferred unless you guys are against it.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: What do you think??

Or even apply for in a year and a half from now or so
Message 2 of 9
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

it really depends on whether you see a benefit in having it or not instead of when you should apply. i cold app'd for it back in december and got approved. i was finally in with citi and x2 at that within a 24hr span. but as i started using the card, i actually decided i dont need it because of the 2x csp (dining) and arrival (the rest of my daily spendings) cards as well. it made my eye twitched everytime i took the family out to eat and couldnt decide between csp and typ.

so again, you willhave to think how and if you will be able to make the card work for you.

Message 3 of 9
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Thank You Points are some of the most ridiculous rewards out there. I'm pretty sure they are just redeemable for giftcards and other junk//(?) I'm not really sure why you would need or want this card especially considering the cards you already have.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 4 of 9
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:
So now I think I need to garden for a little bit (it's so hard lol) 

I quit smoking 3 years ago... ending a 15 year pack a day habit.  It was easy once I told myself that I wasn't going to smoke and pay $7 a pack anymore.  When I'm motivated and put my mind to something I'm usually successful.

Now I'm 2 months into a 24 month gardening.  After getting myself in the door with my CU I told myself "You don't need any more credit cards... you are good to go with your rebuild profile."

Easy.

(I am planning to refi my car loan with BECU soon... but I'm done with cards.)  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Good points guys!
Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@killer_queen229 wrote:
So now I think I need to garden for a little bit (it's so hard lol) is there any other card that I should apply for eventually in the future? How about thank you preferred? What should I do with my secured card when I upgrade it?

I'm loving myself with the now 2 Amexs, 1 Chase, 1 Discover, 1 Cap One. I want another Visa this year so I was thinking of thank you preferred unless you guys are against it.

Do you want your CLI from Amex? If memory serves me you have added a few TLs since your approval.  It is best to keep those inq's to a minimum until you secure your CLI. 

Just my .02

Message 7 of 9
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Alright.
Message 8 of 9
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:
Alright.

dont take the same path i took. app'd like there was no tomorrow 2 months ago and now i painted myself in the corner with asking for cli on my bce. my 61st day was wednesday this week but couldnt jump on it because of all the new TLs that popped up like wild mushrooms on my reports. the silver lining to my situation is it will keep me in the garden until early next year.

the key is patience, grasshopper

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.