tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: What does Amex pull when app'ing?

@Hcontreras wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

6 inquires and if you assume the EX score is around the same as TU and EQ I don't think Amex would approve..

Last time I checked my EX true FICO is was about 40 points higher than Eq and TU. That was about 3 months ago

Score alone will not determine if you are approved.  If you wish to provide more data, then we could probablt give a better response.  Based on the consistency of your scores from last year, what made your EX score jump 40 points higher than the other 2 CBs this year?

A paid derog on TU and EQ...Not on EX.

So, the derog is only on the TU/EQ and it reported recently?  Paid or unpaid it would not change your score

Message 21 of 27
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

6 inquires and if you assume the EX score is around the same as TU and EQ I don't think Amex would approve..

Last time I checked my EX true FICO is was about 40 points higher than Eq and TU. That was about 3 months ago

Score alone will not determine if you are approved.  If you wish to provide more data, then we could probablt give a better response.  Based on the consistency of your scores from last year, what made your EX score jump 40 points higher than the other 2 CBs this year?

So, the derog is only on the TU/EQ and it reported recently?  Paid or unpaid it would not change your score

Yes I know. I just mentioned "paid" because it's not floating out there unpaid (Just wanted to note that). It reported last year to TU/EQ. My score were all low because I literally had no credit early last year.

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 22 of 27
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

Yes I know. I just mentioned "paid" because it's not floating out there unpaid (Just wanted to note that). It reported last year to TU/EQ. My score were all low because I literally had no credit early last year.

Just to clarify, my AAoA is 2 years right now because I'm an AU on a long standing account that has $22,000 CL with perfect payment history and have 3 cc's (Cap 1 $1,000 QS $1,000 and FREEDOM $3,500)

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Message 23 of 27
fot1
Established Contributor

I think if Amex pulled your EX and see the only cards in your name being that new that they would pull the other 2 reports. Chances wouldn't be good if they see the derog.

You got some good cards right now.. I would sugest letting them age and after everything is atleast a year old app to Amex.

Too many to list..
Message 24 of 27
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

I think if Amex pulled your EX and see the only cards in your name being that new that they would pull the other 2 reports. Chances wouldn't be good if they see the derog.

You got some good cards right now.. I would sugest letting them age and after everything is atleast a year old app to Amex.

Yep, you're right. Glad I posted this Before I did it. The last thing I want/ need is a HP with nothing to show for it.

Now in the garden...
Message 25 of 27
Jitdc2
New Contributor

I think waiting is a good idea. 

Message 26 of 27
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Thanks to all for the excellent advise!! Much appreciated!

Now in the garden...
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.