Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Amex pull when app'ing?

tag
Jitdc2
New Contributor

Re: What does Amex pull when app'ing?

Oh... I didn't see your Experian score. If thats a true FICO not a FAKO then you should fine since they typically pull Experian... they pulled that on both of my Amex peronsal cards. 

Message 11 of 27
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@Jitdc2 wrote:

Oh... I didn't see your Experian score. If thats a true FICO not a FAKO then you should fine since they typically pull Experian... they pulled that on both of my Amex peronsal cards. 

It's a FAKO, but no derogs, no lates....However, my AAoA is at 2 years rights now. 6 inquires on EX right now

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 12 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

If you are borderline then they will pull all three.. That was my case atleast

With my score on my siggy, would I be considered borderline for BCE, BCP, or Blue sky?

As others have stated, score alone is not the only factor.  Number of inq's, new tls, AAOA, baddies and income will play apart in your approval.

Also, FreeCreditReport.com is not a true FICO, its a fako

Message 13 of 27
fot1
Established Contributor

@Jitdc2 wrote:

Pretty sure the credit score from freecredit is a fako..

Too many to list..
Message 14 of 27
fot1
Established Contributor

6 inquires and if you assume the EX score is around the same as TU and EQ I don't think Amex would approve..

Too many to list..
Message 15 of 27
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

6 inquires and if you assume the EX score is around the same as TU and EQ I don't think Amex would approve..

Last time I checked my EX true FICO is was about 40 points higher than Eq and TU. That was about 3 months ago

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Message 16 of 27
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

I think I'll wait....

Now in the garden...
Message 17 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

Last time I checked my EX true FICO is was about 40 points higher than Eq and TU. That was about 3 months ago

Score alone will not determine if you are approved.  If you wish to provide more data, then we could probably give you a better response.  Based on the consistency of your scores from last year, what made your EX score jump 40 points higher than the other 2 CBs this year?

Message 18 of 27
fot1
Established Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

May be worth checking what it is now..

Too many to list..
Message 19 of 27
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

Score alone will not determine if you are approved.  If you wish to provide more data, then we could probablt give a better response.  Based on the consistency of your scores from last year, what made your EX score jump 40 points higher than the other 2 CBs this year?

A paid derog on TU and EQ...Not on EX.

Now in the garden...
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.