Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Bank of America like to see??

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

What does Bank of America like to see??

If Bank of America denies you for things like "too many inquiries last 12 months", "length of time accounts have been established" and things of that nature, how long do they like to see you "garden" before trying to apply for one of their cards again? Beginning of January as some of you may know that they denied me for their Susan G. Komen cashback Mastercard. I guess it's a World Mastercard when I was told by the person I spoke with on the BOA website that they didn't offer it as such anymore.. but my denial letter said it was a World card and I'm reviewing the reasons why I was denied. I was thinking about trying to apply for it again late in the Summer or early Fall this year.. thinking that all my new accounts I've gotten early this year will be not nearly as new as they are right now and some of my inquiries will not matter by the time late Summer/early Fall arrives. I really like the cause. And also, does anyone have this card? What is your review on it and do you like it? Also, is it worth having if you aren't a banking customer of theirs?

Join the fight against breast cancer and earn cash back, too

• Online-exclusive $100 cash rewards bonus after making at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening
  • For each new Susan G. Komen®-branded credit card account opened and activated, Komen receives a minimum of $3 and 0.20% of all net retail purchases made with the card. For example, 20 cents for every $100. Komen also receives $1 for each annual renewal of the card.
  • From February 2012 to May 2015, Bank of America is guaranteeing a minimum of $1,000,000 to Susan G. Komen® in conjunction with this program. Since 2009, Bank of America has contributed more than $4.6 million to Susan G. Komen in conjunction with this program.
  • 1% cash back on purchases, 2% at grocery stores and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined grocery store and gas purchases each quarter.
  • Choose how you want to receive your cash. Redeem cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account or receive a statement credit.
  • No annual fee†
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: What does Bank of America like to see??

Time is the only thing that'll help you for INQs and low AAoA. Your plan is pretty solid, but BoA may want more time.

Message 2 of 8
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Time is the only thing that'll help you for INQs and low AAoA. Your plan is pretty solid, but BoA may want more time.

I have 2 Visas, 2 Amexs, 1 Discover, 1 Mastercard. I really want another Mastercard so it doesn't feel so awkward lol. I have 3 store cards so I am hoping that maybe TJx Rewards will just offer me their Mastercard then I may not have any interest in a BOA card.

Message 3 of 8
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Not only am I hoping, but I just paid the bill for using the card the first time since November.. then I used it today so they can see that I am using it.

Message 4 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Did you try recon? Ive had success overcoming the new accts thing with BoA by just saying I like to get the most for my money and read fico forums religiously.

.....it works 2 for 2 so far Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Did you try recon? Ive had success overcoming the new accts thing with BoA by just saying I like to get the most for my money and read fico forums religiously.

.....it works 2 for 2 so far Smiley Happy

Yes I did try and they said I could only recon by mail. I also kept getting hung up on so I thought it was a lost cause.

Message 6 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Strange, I usually get fairly pleasant BoA analysts. Youre calling the number in the sticky?
Message 7 of 8
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I think I looked it up online. I really wish TJx Rewards would just upgrade my card that I've had for nearly 8 months now. Instead of waiting to apply for a card that I may not be able to apply for until around Christmas or New Years 2015.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.