cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Chase consider bonus-chasing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does Chase consider bonus-chasing?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does she have 1.2million UR points or 120,000?  Strange to see it listed as 1200K.  Big difference between the two.

LOL.  What a dork.  I meant 120k points. Smiley Tongue

Chris.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Using, spending the delicious bonus and sock drawing won't cause AA for non use.  Closing 1 after snatching bonus, fair enough.. Closing 2 after getting bonus raises eyebrows..  Closing 3 will likely cause accounts to be flagged and a bulls eye purposely pinned on accounts to monitor activity.

Remember, all though you are a private banking customer Chase does not care.  They will still shut you down if they want... Just be careful.. I know people with ALOT of money and have had their accounts terminated.

I'd roll the CSP into CS, Keep Ink Plus for another year, and apply for Ink Cash.

Thanks, Nixon.  Interesting strategy.  Is there a reason to favor the Ink Plus over the CSP?  I see one big advantage to the CSP: primary rental car coverage.  I've actually been thinking of keeping one CSP between the two of us, then we can always have primary rental car insurance coverage.  And we'd also retain the ability to transfer out URP points for greater value.

What do you think of this strategy:  instead of cancelling the Ink, call to have it converted to the no-annual-fee Ink Cash, then pay the annual fee on the CSP and keep that as CSP, rather than converting it to CS.

?

Chris.

Message 12 of 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

I cashed out my Dividend, now Double Cash, once a year and use it for spending money in Disney. Working on my spend bonus for CSP and those points should be nice next year to transfer to Southwest for free flights, plus some left over.

I wanna do that too but I'm not sure how many points I should leave on my account. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ink Plus can transfer.

Don't you have other cards with primary rental car coverage?
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ink Plus can transfer.

Don't you have other cards with primary rental car coverage?

What are other cards with this benefit?

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ink Plus has it but the car has to be rented/driven for business.
Message 16 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Prefer the PC to Ink Cash, and keep the CSP. If have both cards, CSP can be used for both personal and business. During 2016, 2017 this is my plan -acquire Ink Cash and CSP.
Signature needs updating
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy if you have small personal expenses you can just buy $200 GC at STAPLES for 5X UR.
Message 18 of 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Prefer the PC to Ink Cash, and keep the CSP. If have both cards, CSP can be used for both personal and business. During 2016, 2017 this is my plan -acquire Ink Cash and CSP.

I have been thinking of putting your plan into action , my AF on ink plus doesn't come up till october, but i think i am going to keep csp i like feel of the card too much :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dilettante wrote:

One theory even going around is that having too many points banked will trigger attention to the accounts.

That's the commonality I saw in most, if not all, of the "random" AA/closures I've read about. Then again, I'm sure for every person who posts about their account being closed and Chase stealing thousands of dollars of UR points (yes, I call it STEALING... I don't care what the T&C's say), there are probably 10 other people with mucho UR points hoarded who won't ever see AA.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.